Last one off the line at New Hartford

cc_mac

Reaction score
Ttat is incredibly beautiful. Will it be for sale? I can see myself doing something stupid with a credit card over that.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have no idea what the status on that guitar is. :-( Just that it's the last one.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh my, what a teaser... I *love* wine red guitars. Is it an X-500? Makes me dizzy!

It sure looks like an AP X500, but on Guild's web page it only lists blonde as a color choice.

Really sad to see all those guitar boxes piled up in the background :(

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would suspect that the red X-500(?) will be going home with somebody, rather than being sold. That's the first and only custom color!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
What a way to close up the shop! That is a great color!

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A very beautiful guitar, and a sad day. Guild will go on, but it won't be the same. Cheers to all the New Hartford people. Wishing you all the best in the future. Thanks for posting this one, Steve!!

guildman63

Reaction score
The 1956 CE-100 I recently sold had a trapeze tailpiece, and while it was nice I am still a harp kinda Guild guy. I love my AP X-500 and think everyone should own one. :encouragement: Here's hoping Guild will resume making these great guitars once they get things going in CA.

edit: I just checked the photobucket link for this guitar, and the one in this thread has the Franz clones as the AP does, but all of the other pictures appear to show a Starfire IV (NS?). I'll take one of each!

Last edited:

guildman63

Reaction score
In looking at his other guitars we may now know of another owner of both the GSR Starfire VI AND the GSR T-500. Way to go Steve! :applause:

ladytexan

Reaction score
I would suspect that the red X-500(?) will be going home with somebody, rather than being sold.
IIRC, the last Westerly Guild went home with one of the employees. So, I hope this one goes home with a NH employee.......as it should be.

Steve, is that Jason McIntyre? As I understand it, Jason was one of the major luthiers of the Orpheums.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Steve, is that Jason McIntyre? As I understand it, Jason was one of the major luthiers of the Orpheums.

I don't think so Toni. Jason has lots of tattoos down his right arm.

580699_495813600483882_18068784_n.jpg

Here is the guy with his signature on the underside of the tops of our Orpheums!