Last one off the line at New Hartford

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
An American Patriarch X-500 Stuart in custom color is a good model as the last one of the line...Sad day for Phil, after 26 years there...

And just if you wonder, the last one from Westerly was an Artist Award Benedetto, Serial Number GBB1088, owned by our former member LastAAowner (he has not signed in since April 2010). Last AAowner was already the second owner of that guitar, so whoever bought it originally already sold it.

This is a picture hideglue had posted of the last one being tuned & adjusted:

1695643335753.png

Pictures were here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?154924-Last-Westerly-Guitar

I don't know if anybody (well except Hans most probably) would know what the last one from Corona and Tacoma was.

Ralf

Last edited:

guildman63

Reaction score
Ralf, are you drinking too much of that good German/Bavarian beer? :very_drunk: Feel free to buy a round for the rest of LTG! :encouragement::biggrin-new:

Nice that Guild is still showing the love for their classic arch tops. I'm looking forward to that trend continuing in their new home, and may even be persuaded to buy one when the time comes...you know, supporting Guild, and my habit as well. If only I knew how to play these damned things.:chargrined:

guildman63

Reaction score
When I was getting ready to get my AP X-500 I had inquired about getting it with a different finish, and the claret finish was one that I mentioned as a nice alternative. I was told no straight away and that natural was the only option. Do you think the writing was already on the wall at that time, and that this was planned well in advance? Interesting for sure!

mbuc

Reaction score
When I was getting ready to get my AP X-500 I had inquired about getting it with a different finish, and the claret finish was one that I mentioned as a nice alternative. I was told no straight away and that natural was the only option. Do you think the writing was already on the wall at that time, and that this was planned well in advance? Interesting for sure!

Pure speculation of course but no, I don't think so. I'd rather see the red one as an old habit of making one or two claret ones. Has been done before with the X-700 in Corona, as I am sure you know.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just spotted that last of the New Hartford line AP X-500 in a May 7th, 2015 picture of the Cordoba offices in Oxnard! So that is where she ended up.

http://72.167.204.223/storage/image_library/cordoba_images/blog/Marfione_IMG_5084_new2.jpg

(The guy on the left is Chuck Marfione, owner of All Strings Nylon and Marfione Guitars, the one on the right is Cordoba's Finishing System Manager Drew Haines)
The back of that Cordoba Custom Shop limited edition Hauser with figured rosewood back and sides is stunning!

Ralf

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice pic and Great Spot Ralf. There is also a Fender amp in the corner with a foot switch on top of it. Can we assume that AP X-500 "Lady in Red" is seeing some playtime in Oxnard?:smile-new: