Help me name this guitar...

guildman63

Reaction score
Well, if it is a CT624 or CT624M, why not put this on the TRC? Like Guild did in the 80ies. That way you always know what exactly you have.

guild65.jpg

Ralf

Ralf,

As usual you are right on it. Sometimes a little tipsy, but on it. :laughing: I could not decide, and frankly have never named a guitar either, but there is a first time for everything. I ended up putting CT624...short, and to the point. However, there has been a color change. Rather than aqua burst I ordered deep green burst. I saw two versions of the aqua burst, one I liked and one I didn't. I could not be sure which I would get, so I went with green which is certain to be what I expect and like. It will probably be 6-8 weeks before it's in, but pictures and a review will certainly follow.

guildman63

Reaction score
Well, if it is a CT624 or CT624M, why not put this on the TRC? Like Guild did in the 80ies. That way you always know what exactly you have.

guild65.jpg

Ralf

Ralf,

As usual you are right on it. Sometimes a little tipsy, but on it. :laughing: I could not decide, and frankly have never named a guitar either, but there is a first time for everything. I ended up putting CT624...short, and to the point. However, there has been a color change. Rather than aqua burst I ordered deep green burst. I saw two versions of the aqua burst, one I liked and one I didn't. I could not be sure which I would get, so I went with green which is certain to be what I expect and like.

guildman63

Reaction score
By the way, Ralf, I'm liking that collection of truss rod covers. I would love to have all of the guitars to go along with those covers!

guildman63

Reaction score
Here is a picture similar to what I ordered aside from mine being flame maple instead of quilted maple.

guildman63

Reaction score
Sure doesn't look like an archtop-jazzer to me...LOL! Hope she is all you have wished her to be!

That's for sure! I am going to pick up my AP AA fairly soon, and this one won't be ready until some time in August. I honestly don't know how much I will play it, but I do get the urge, being a huge Joe Walsh and Santana, and electric blues fan, to play me some loud, gnarly blues once in a while (albeit, not particularly well :tan:), and an archtop-jazzer geet doesn't quite get 'er done for that. Despite my love of the archtop guitar, I have always wanted a PRS, and from all of the reviews and sound clips I have come across the Carvin compares very favorably. While not a Guild, a review will certainly follow when the time is right.

And Bill, once I get my AP AA you are cordially invited to swing by and check out the two AP's, along with my F47M. I've got the electric and acoustic amps, so you need only bring your guitar(s) of choice.

guildman63

Reaction score
The guitar came not long ago, and I will admit that the build quality is quite good. I haven't had a chance to play it much yet, which is why I have not yet reviewed it. Here are a few pictures. I am on my cell, so the pics will be added one at a time.

One thing I will say about this guitar is that the neck heel is so good that I can get up to the 24th fret with incredible ease. Also, the tone knob pulls out to split the pups to single coils, which is nice.

Last edited:

houseisland

Reaction score
Jealousy, as in green with jealousy/envy, would be a good name. Also a good representation of my feelings at the moment. Beautiful.