Help me name this guitar...

guildman63

Reaction score
Okay LTG, here is your chance...

I have had my eye on several guitars over the years, and a nice vintage acoustic archtop from Epiphone has been my recent target. However, I have also wanted a PRS for many years, but didn't want to spend that kind of money. Then I was reintroduced to Carvin recently, and after doing some online sound comparisons the Carvin CT624 sounds like a perfect alternative. Best of all, it has a carved top, and can be extensively customized to my liking, and all for about $1700 - $2000 depending on the choice of tops. I have tentatively decided on a bookmatched 4A quilted maple top, mahogany back and sides, 5-piece mahogany neck, signature abalone inlays, chrome hardware, cream bezels and truss rod cover, ebony fingerboard, S22B and S22J pickups, metal knobs with abalone inlays, and a vintage tweed hardshell case to protect. The only thing left, if I choose, is to have the truss rod cover customized. This is where all of you come in. Give me your suggestions for what should go on the truss rod cover, and perhaps this guitar will have a Guild stamp on it. :cool:

Following are pictures that are very similar to what I have selected, aside from the color of the pickups, pickup bezels and truss rod cover, and inlays on this are a little different.

griehund

Reaction score
"BLUE EYES" When you play it you'll be ........wait for it..........behind Blue Eyes. :cool:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Doesn't quite roll off the tongue. :apple:

Joe
HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!! It really doesn't, does it Joe? I never name my guitars. I just don't. Seems silly to me. I call them by their brand name, and if I have more than one of a specific brand (Guild) then I call it by the model name. So, you'll get no names from me.......

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't, does it Joe? I never name my guitars. I just don't. Seems silly to me. I call them by their brand name, and if I have more than one of a specific brand (Guild) then I call it by the model name. So, you'll get no names from me.......
In 44 years of buying/selling/playing, all of my guitars have been nameless....what can I say? I'm the one with the personality! :triumphant: :apple:

Just back from camping Joe

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The only thing left, if I choose, is to have the truss rod cover customized. This is where all of you come in. Give me your suggestions for what should go on the truss rod cover.
Well, if it is a CT624 or CT624M, why not put this on the TRC? Like Guild did in the 80ies. That way you always know what exactly you have.

guild65.jpg

Ralf