New Guy

stanley

Reaction score
Good day,
I've prowled these forums for years, finally jumping in. Damn shame (maybe) regarding Fender's sale to Cordoba. Interesting, I once bought a Westerly D-25 in Oxnard. Maybe someday I'll buy an Oxnard-built Guild in Westerly.
I've preferred Westerly Guilds since way back when they were still made there. I currently own a D-30, an SB-605 and a brandy-new, 32 year-old S-275 that I just acquired.
I've previously owned a D-4 an X-702 and a Madeira A-4. The Madeira was the first guitar I ever bought, direct from my guitar teacher who (I think) assembled it in Elizabeth, NJ. That was about 1980 or so.
I've been known to associate with a D-40, the above mentioned D-25 and a J-30.
You'll find me prowling around here. I'll put up pics when I have a chance to do so.
Stanley

geoguy

Reaction score
Welcome, Stanley . . . if you are really located in Tacoma, Washington then you have some association with both past and future Guild factory locations.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Stanley! Good that you stepped out of the shadows. Now you're official. You are in a unique position if an Oxnard Guild becomes available in Westerly!! That would be funny. Welcome to the visible and official ranks..... :encouragement:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I once bought a Westerly D-25 in Oxnard. Maybe someday I'll buy an Oxnard-built Guild in Westerly.
I've preferred Westerly Guilds since way back when they were still made there.
Stanley

Welcome, and thanks for the humor!