Fender sells Guild.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The mood has shifted a bit in the past week, though, as it was confirmed that Cordoba bought the Guild brand. Cordoba management has already checked in with LTG and we now understand that Cordoba will open production of US Guilds again in Oxnard, CA.
Neal, unless I missed something within the last 24 hours I think it's not quite as "done a deal" as that. I think the most recent hard fact was that a letter of intent has been signed but the deal is not yet technically closed, that may be why the fellow on Scottsdale only confirmed it as a "rumor". There may actually be legal ramifications for what they say there.
The actual close may be a foregone conclusion and formality but still, I think we're technically jumping the gun a tiny bit in stating Cordoba "bought" Guild.
It just occurred to me, maybe, like so many woud be buyers here have bemoaned, they're having a hard time finding it, too?
:biggrin-new:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I seriously doubt we'll see resonators again, Walter. I could far better imagine a ukelele line in the future before we'd see resonators again. Sales must've been very low.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected, Al. Getting ahead of myself a bit.
Neal
Well, there was that possibility I did miss the "Formal Cosing Announcement"....
If it's any consolation, you've been magnificent with historical build details recently!
:wink:

Could we say that Fender and Guild are "consciously uncoupling" ?
'We need a valuable asset to sell".
Well, since they seem to be done "coupling" with it, why not?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys always speculate instead of reading the official news releases?
There's no speculation going on in this thread, no "guesses" are being made.
People like yourself seem to be reliably posting said releases, and since I AM pretty thorough about reading those "other threads", I was pretty sure that in fact the deal has not yet been formally closed.
And from the "Ren Ferguson to join CMG"' thread:
Yes, but it is still worded "announcement of their intent to acquire Guild". It's legal wording that is required until the deal is closed.
Ralf
Uh, yeah, I thought that's what I said yesterday...

And why do you continue to answer here instead of the other already existing threads?
Well as a matter of fact we're (Neal and I) welcoming a new member here and trying to make sure he gets accurate info in a nutshell in the thread HE started, and that's no reason to "Lock it" since we're still wondering why he was calling Scottsdale in the first place.
Is he a happy new owner?
Has he been now been turned off now by an excess of organizational zeal, like we see on the AGF?
At the moment I wouldn't blame him.

In how many threads do you want to discuss now? I can't believe it...
Ralf[
Come on Craig, you know how much we like to veer ! :triumphant:
Ralf
NOW who's cranky?
Ralf, do you need a Snickers?
You're not yourself when you're cranky.
:playful:

Last edited: