My Guitar Room

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Straightened up a bit...the boss said the room looked like a hoarder lived in there.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love the case rack too! And you even vacuumed!! I have many cartons of vinyl records I need to take and sell. Once I clear all those out, I should have room for ALL my cases in the front of the house. That'll be good. For now, my bedroom closet looks like this:

plzm.jpg

So I'm pretty envious of your organization. GOOD JOB!! :encouragement:

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, vinyl has increased in value tremendously in the last 5 years. All those kids that used to play guitars are now spinning records, so guitar prices are dropping while old records are tripling in value.

In other words, you might be sitting on a goldmine. Whatever you do, don't sell them in bulk to "some guy in town".

(sorry for the veer)

K

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
We have a case rack from Guitar Storage as well. We love it, although we get 9 instruments in ours since two are solid body basses in rectangular (thinner) cases.

Aristera

Reaction score
I'm redoing a small room for my guitar room. Any suggestions as to flooring? Carpet or hardwood?

Also, the Guitarstorage site has a video showing how to assemble. There is some Guild product placement at the start with an acoustic case in the corner. I was thinking of having some local woodworkers (Amish) build something similar.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, vinyl has increased in value tremendously in the last 5 years. All those kids that used to play guitars are now spinning records, so guitar prices are dropping while old records are tripling in value.

In other words, you might be sitting on a goldmine. Whatever you do, don't sell them in bulk to "some guy in town".

(sorry for the veer)

K
Thanks for the info! There's a local store that deals in vintage records. I figure they're my best bet. I have a lot of stuff from when I was a DJ and a few signed copies and promotional copies. Mostly, I just want them GONE!! I noticed a couple of "kids" I work with are posting on FB about their new turntables and vinyl records!! Who knew??