guildmann

Reaction score
are there any instructions on how to post an avatar?
thanks
Rob

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Go to top menu to the very right side of the screen and click "Settings".
Now go to left lower side under "My settings", "My Profile" to "Edit Avatar".
You can directly upload an Avatar, but note: The maximum size of your custom image needs to be 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Ralf

guildmann

Reaction score
thanks Joe... that's my '84 X-500.(christmas present to myself a few years back) also have a X-50, T-100, F-30, Mark 1V, and a Mark V

Rob

guildmann

Reaction score
Joe.... just testing my signature to see if i did it right.... Rob

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Joe.... just testing my signature to see if i did it right.... Rob

For future reference there is also a Preview option on the page where you are editing your signature. In case it is not obvious your current avatar and sig are applied to every post you have ever made which has bothered some people when their sig lists a guitar that did not exist when they made a post several years ago and view it now.

Oh yea, do you want "1968 Guild Mark 1V" or would "1968 Guild Mark IV" be more to your liking?

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
In case it is not obvious your current avatar and sig are applied to every post you have ever made which has bothered some people when their sig lists a guitar that did not exist when they made a post several years ago and view it now.

Hey Fro,

It is curious what you mention, because in posts #1, #3 and #5, guildmann's signature is not shown. Is it just me?

Oh, and by the way, nice herd, Rob. Do you have any pics? :encouragement:

All the best,
B.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Fro,

It is curious what you mention, because in posts #1, #3 and #5, guildmann's signature is not shown. Is it just me?

Oh, and by the way, nice herd, Rob. Do you have any pics? :encouragement:

All the best,
B.

Whoops. No matter what I thought when I wrote that about the sig, it isn't true now. I must have confused Now with the old software or a different board. Move along, nothing to see here ;-)

To be clear: the sig at the time of the post does become a part of the post and won't change in the post when viewed later, after a sig change.

guildmann

Reaction score
i'll try to get some pics up as soon as i figure out how to

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
On the other hand, if you change your avatar, that will change on ALL your posts, old and new. At least, that was the case before. In my case, only the type of wine changes...... :playful: I tried to search back to my first post and see what my signature looked like. I was fresh and innocent <ducks and runs for cover> and only had two guitars back then. But I can only go back 20 pages! Sheesh, as verbose as I am, that only gets me back to October of last year!! Oh well, I can't test the theory about signatures on me, but I do see it for guildmann.

Oh and will you look at that? I apparently clicked over 4,000 posts!! Another milestone slips by. Probably happened the same day my truck clicked over 70,000 miles. :eek:nthego: