New Hartford

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
I have talked to many of my pickin buddies about Guild over the years.
I came to the realization that most guitar players other than those of us on this site, don't know or care where Guilds are made.
We may be making more out of this than necessary. The real world may not care where Guilds are produced.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I believe they will be still producing US Guilds in a smaller qty at another Fender shop here. The dude at Fender me to believe that only ovation and hamer are totally dead.
But if Fender can KILL the brands of Hamer and Ovation, can Guild be far behind? If it's not dead after this news, then give them a few more years and another location. They'll kill it...... I have faith in them.

alpep

Reaction score
guild went from westerly to corona to tacoma to new hartford. I doubt it is going back to corona.

just like ovation I bet it is import only after the current inventory is sold

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
HEY FENDER....

mooning.jpg

Exactly! I've felt that way toward them from the beginning. Sad.....

geoguy

Reaction score
Instead of simply complaining amongst ourselves, anyone who cares to do so could write to FMIC & express their disappointment re: closing Guild's New Hartford operations, or their hopes that FMIC will reconsider & keep the New Hartford factory open . . . or however you wish to phrase your concern.

Here's their Consumer Relations email address:

consumerrelations@fender.com

hideglue

Reaction score
I sympathize with the talent tossed aside by the FMIC brass. Their infinite wisdom is astounding. I particularly feel for my fellow coworkers from Westerly who have once again found their way in the crosshairs. Once again, Schultz's baby soils its diaper. He must be rolling in his grave.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
But if Fender can KILL the brands of Hamer and Ovation, can Guild be far behind? If it's not dead after this news, then give them a few more years and another location. They'll kill it...... I have faith in them.

Yeah, you are probably right Tom. And I agree it will be GAD and Arcos, if anything. But they could keep Orpheum, as a high end boutique acoustic. Just call it Fender Orpheum. Something like this. But I bet for the most part, Guild US is over.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I sympathize with the talent tossed aside by the FMIC brass. Their infinite wisdom is astounding. I particularly feel for my fellow coworkers from Westerly who have once again found their way in the crosshairs. Once again, Schultz's baby soils its diaper. He must be rolling in his grave.

Gotta' agree with the sentiment, hideglue and WiW... Unfortunately, with new corporate parents, Fender's brands are quickly disappearing. It's all wicked sad.

My fondest wishes to all of the folks caught in the crosshairs, and of course to the Guild community at large which will now no longer have a home.

Chaz

Reaction score
Yeah, I wonder what all the guys working there are going to end up doing? Not a lot of places to work at that are making guitars in the US anymore.

hideglue

Reaction score
I have talked to many of my pickin buddies about Guild over the years.
I came to the realization that most guitar players other than those of us on this site, don't know or care where Guilds are made.
We may be making more out of this than necessary. The real world may not care where Guilds are produced.

Then Fender has succeeded in erasing Guild's history. But careful what you wish for Fender, killing a company too many times waters down its pedigree to a puddle of piss. It's clearly a horrible business model.

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And I agree it will be GAD and Arcos, if anything. But they could keep Orpheum, as a high end boutique acoustic. Just call it Fender Orpheum. Something like this. But I bet for the most part, Guild US is over.
I would like to disagree. You know that not only Guild but also Fender's new acoustic custom shop is in NH. So Fender needs a new home for that as well. They are not going to close their Fender acoustic customs shop in the US, I can't believe that. They seem to want to move both Guild and Fender acoustics somewhere else by whatever reason. That is mentioned in the press release: "U.S. production of Fender acoustic and Guild® instruments will transition to other facilities at a later date"
I posted some info about the current ownership of FMIC here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...ress-Release&p=1633836&viewfull=1#post1633836
Ralf

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Then Fender has succeeded in erasing Guild's history. But careful what you wish for Fender, killing a company too many times waters down its pedigree to a puddle of piss. It's clearly a horrible business model.

Last edited by hideglue; Today at 09:18 PM. Reason: Too whiny

Not whiny enough, Bwana!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I already got my automated response to my email to consumer relations at Fender:

Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations for the FMIC family of brands!
Please know that your e-mail has been received and it is as important to us, as it is to you. Every e-mail will get a thorough and considered response and will be answered in the order it was received.
If you have an urgent customer service or product performance issue that needs immediate attention, please call our Consumer Relations Department Hotline at 1-800-856-9801, to speak directly with a representative.

Consumer Relations
Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

ConsumerRelations@Fender.com<mailto:ConsumerRelations@Fender.com>

[Description: cid:546074221@15072010-2508]

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would like to disagree. You know that not only Guild but also Fender's new acoustic custom shop is in NH. So Fender needs a new home for that as well. They are not going to close their Fender acoustic customs shop in the US, I can't believe that. They seem to want to move both Guild and Fender acoustics somewhere else by whatever reason. That is mentioned in the press release: "U.S. production of Fender acoustic and Guild® instruments will transition to other facilities at a later date"
I posted some info about the current ownership of FMIC here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...ress-Release&p=1633836&viewfull=1#post1633836
Ralf

I hope so. We will know soon enough.

blue335

Reaction score
Well this majorly sucks. I was saving for a new D-55 and getting my 1999 Starfire V ready to send to them for repair. Good luck to all the dedicated employees and I hope you know your skill and dedication are appreciated by us, the customer and musician, at least.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

I agree and I've got a gut feeling that Corona will wind up being the place. It is all about bottom line and New Hartford probably just cost too much to operate, but they've invested heavily in Corona over the years and have probably already done the cost analysis and it wouldn't surprise me if they've got the unused space to do it there, so why not?
Just because they left there years ago doesn't mean they can't go back, as Alpep believes in the other thread..

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree and I've got a gut feeling that Corona will wind up being the place. It is all about bottom line and New Hartford probably just cost too much to operate, but they've invested heavily in Corona over the years and have probably already done the cost analysis and it wouldn't surprise me if they've got the unused space to do it there, so why not?
Just because they left there years ago doesn't mean they can't go back, as Alpep believes in the other thread..

Makes total sense. I look forward to one day buying a 2015 or 2016 Corona F30.