New Hartford

workedinwesterly

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I work in New Hartford and yes children they have finally managed to kill it as of May 30. Thank you Fender again

Geotrio

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The business model FMIC had for Ovation was to shift the vast majority of production offshore while maintaining sort of a boutique US presence. A handful of US made guitars/year. Now, even that is gone.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Another example of an "out of touch" corporate decision. Happens every day, its just that this one effects the members of LTG, and more importantly, as was said on the other thread about this, it really affects employees. Let's hope Fender at least treats them right on the way out with a fair package.

walrus

jcwu

Reaction score
As they say - it's nothing personal, just business.

It's never personal. :(

idealassets

Reaction score
To the factory employees I thank them for some good products. For the rest of us, are we now on our own pertaining to maintenance and preservation of our guitars?

Craig

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
To the factory employees I thank them for some good products. For the rest of us, are we now on our own pertaining to maintenance and preservation of our guitars?

Craig

Well, I am not complaining or griping as much about the 3 Guild dreads that I currently own and what I deem as thier issues, neck resets, refrets etc. I am just grateful I have them. I will go local for maintenance.

Chaz

Reaction score
I guess it's not as big a deal (practically) if you were probably never going to buy a new one anyway, lol. I certainly treasure my old Westerlies!

Ridgemont

Reaction score
I guess it's not as big a deal (practically) if you were probably never going to buy a new one anyway, lol. I certainly treasure my old Westerlies!

I think many folks here are more concerned about the displacement of a highly skilled workforce that have become friends of LTG over the years. Fender relocates Guild every few years so this has become an annoying repeating pattern. Great people, terrible heartless company.

Neal

Reaction score
I work for a big conglomerate, and they look at the bottom line and not much else. People are openly referred to as "resources", and their work as "utilization". I was told this just the other day. Like I am coal that gets dug up out of the ground and burned as efficiently as possible.

And the funny thing is that it really isn't about quality, it's about billability. So, New Hartford can make superb guitars all day long, but if that does not end up enriching FMIC shareholders, the axe must fall.

What's especially hard to take is that great quality at a fair price can somehow get ruined and become unprofitable in the hands of executives getting paid big money to oversee the production, marketing and sale of quality products at fair prices.

Neal