test

Harpymorgan

Reaction score
Mq_VS3S_Tv

Last edited:

griehund

Reaction score
BTW you're only allowed one. Otherwise you end up in a "Tinkle Me Elmo" factory on the quality control line.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK - if I have this right users can delete their own posts if they are in response to a thread but not delete them if they are the post that starts the thread. While a moderator could be petitioned to do so ("When I was back in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you could petition the Lord with prayer...") it is usually deemed more fun not to delete the thread.

P.S. - The quote is a shout out to anyone else who obsessively bought everything a band released, when it was released, even the albums that have not stood the test of time and are merely a footnote, or an embarrassing footnote. Specifically any attempt to discuss the similarities and differences between petitioning the Lord and petitioning a Moderator are unlikely to end well ("religion", "baiting the moderator", "Fronobulax just being unusually cranky") so could (should?) be avoided.

Harpymorgan

Reaction score
So what actually happened was that I was trying to post some pictures from Dropbox, because my free time had run out on Imageshack, and although I dont mind paying for picture hosting, as all of my stuff is on dropbox, I didnt really want another site. When doing the a preview, somehow it posted. And it looks like dropbox is no good for loading pictures to this site. Anyone got any expereience?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
So what actually happened was that I was trying to post some pictures from Dropbox, because my free time had run out on Imageshack, and although I dont mind paying for picture hosting, as all of my stuff is on dropbox, I didnt really want another site. When doing the a preview, somehow it posted. And it looks like dropbox is no good for loading pictures to this site. Anyone got any expereience?

I have linked to Dropbox successfully. As I recall, and this is on a Windows machine, I stick the file to be shared in my Public Dropbox folder. I can then right click on the file and get an option that says something like "copy the public URL for this file". I do so and then I paste it into the LTG post. I know pasting it between IMG tags has let it show up as an embedded image in the post. I can actually try and do this again if you need better or more detailed instructions.

Harpymorgan

Reaction score
Thanks, and I'm supposed to be technical. I'm the only person in our company who can translate what our software guys say into intellible english

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The last thing Elmo gets on the assembly line is a couple of test tickles.....Steffan

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Specifically any attempt to discuss the similarities and differences between petitioning the Lord and petitioning a Moderator are unlikely to end well ("religion", "baiting the moderator", "Fronobulax just being unusually cranky") so could (should?) be avoided.
Probably a groundless worry as I'm sure nobody here would compare you to "the Lord".
Ruler-wielding private schoolmaster perhaps, but certainly not "the Lord".
:cocksure:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have linked to Dropbox successfully. As I recall, and this is on a Windows machine, I stick the file to be shared in my Public Dropbox folder.
I don't think that works any longer, Dropbox changed that, there is no public folder anymore as far as I know. So it seems to be impossible to get a working link to a jpg from Dropbox.
Ralf