F-30, D-55, F-512 review by Guitarist Magazine

tommym

Reaction score
WOW!

That is a pretty impressive way of presenting the various guitars!

Tommy

Last edited:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Steve, that may simply be the finest presentation of Guild goodness I have ever seen. Thank you for posting it.

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Wonderfully done: great to see Guild is finally receiving the love that it deserves!

Kudos to NH!

Oh my, oh my that F-512...

All the best,
B.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had to play that a couple of times. It's just brilliant and I don't know why it isn't the norm.

crank

Reaction score
Nice job showcasing the guitars but not a review. I guess you have to read the magazine for that.

Neal

Reaction score
And they each do what they are designed to do very well. Three distinct voices, all complementary. And it helps that the guitarist has some serious touch!

I was pleased to hear that the F-30 Std held its own with the two big boys, especially when finger-picked.

Given this review, is it possible that rumors of the demise of the non-cutaway versions of the Standard Series Guilds may be premature?

Neal

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Given this review, is it possible that rumors of the demise of the non-cutaway versions of the Standard Series Guilds may be premature?

Have not heard the rumors. But at LMG II several people did a side by side comparison playing the F30 Standard and F30 Traditional to help Mrs. Fro. choose between them. While there were differences, no one remarked at the time that the differences were sonic. So if the buying public is heeding
More of us should buy a guitar for its sound
then it makes sense that to the marketing folks the two models are effectively competing with each other and the one with lower sales needs to go.

capo12

Reaction score
Great video. Thanks for posting that. It reaffirmed my preference for mahogany and made me want an F-30 (sorry,I can't thank you for that!)

Last edited:

Neal

Reaction score
Which instrument, pray tell, did Mrs. Fro choose?

Interesting observation. I would have expected there to be a sonic difference between the F-30 Aragon and the F-30 Std due to the differences in the soundboards (red vs. sitka spruce).

Neal

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh wow, thanks Steve!! That was DIVINE!! It's a perfect example of how each different guitar has its own voice, none better than the other, just different. So what to do? Which one do you pick? All of them. Put them together like this and let them shine individually AND together!! Lovin' this video..... thanks again! :encouragement:

Watasha

Reaction score
Awesome comparison. I loved the presentation & I thoroughly enjoyed that gentleman's playing. All 3 Guilds sounded amazing, the D55 really sounded nice fingerpicked. Bravo & thanks for sharing.

gilded

Reaction score
That was great fun. All the guitars sounded good, but really liked the 512. Me want one, now! Anybody want to trade a good sounding '66 Starfire III for good sounding New Hartford 512?

I'm ready to make the leap!