Rosewood bridges source? and update.

lungimsam

Reaction score
Guild Total
Anyone know where I can get these in case I need to replace mine?

Also, one of mine needs to be filed in a different spot so I can get the g string to run right over the center of the pole pieces. Mine came with the notch a little off-center.

Thanks for any info.

BTW, still loving my new Starfire.
Only things I would improve on it is to have the above done factory, and to have a longer low E slot cut into the bridge plate for better intonating range for that string.

Other than that, I love it so far.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
As far as I know PeteyBass is still making and selling them. See here. It would also make sense that Fender/Guild would sell Newark Street parts although at this point you may need to be an authorized repair shop to get the parts.

Curiously on my factory stock basses the strings do not go directly over all of the pole pieces and it has never bothered me :)

PeteyBass

Reaction score
Frono, sorry it's been so long since I've posted.

The spacing issue "on center" is often not achievable because of the slight variances in the wear and cut of the nut, neck bow, and the exact factory placement of the bridge. I’ve found some big variances in vintage bridge placements. Think how often we see slight tilts in tuners.

I had a Luthier actually spec a set last year and he requested the notches lay just off center so he could slide or turn them either way to make up the difference. If you guys check your harp saddle bridges the wood often won’t wear dead center. I have yet to look at a NS bridge, here in Alaska, but I’m sure they could be the same. All that said, with patients the harp bridges can usually be adjusted to meet the needs of the player including excellent intonation and balanced string spacing.

Peteybass

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
got my rw saddles from Petey Bass in the mail a couple days ago. they are dark and beautiful just like the bass they are intended for. Thanks Pete!

PeteyBass

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Just an FYI, if any of you have bought brass saddles from me in the past and want to trade them in for a set of Rosewoods, you're welcomed to PM me.