I remember those cars well.

Ralph

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I though it'd be time for a revival of this wonderful car thread, with a killer-of-a-deal that being the the kind and thoughtful person that I am, I wanted to share with you all, in case anyone would be on the market for a decent set of wheels:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/1...-b59ad7356e26/bugatti-veyron-used-wheels.html

.... and mounted with Michelin too!... Hurry! Won't last long!

From the ad:

"These wheels will last longer than the tires, which is good. Bugatti says those only need to be replaced every two tire changes. Still, yikes. The eBay listing claims Bugatti charges $150,000 for a full wheel and tire replacement set. We can't confirm that, but older information places tires at $40,000-$50,000 for a set and the Italian OZ wheels at about $50,000."

Say what?!?!?
Y'gotta replace the wheels every other tire change?
Sumpin' tells me y'might wanna check them wheels for corrosion and magnaflux 'em for stress cracks.
Y'never know where those things have been:

And besides as used pieces I bet they're out of warranty in any case.
:glee:

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
..... so much is riding on your tires.... but but... Mr Bugatti: Instead of a replacement set of wheels, can I just keep a "fix-a-flat" in the glove box? (And save $99,997.50 in the process?....)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Understood.
Hun! The Veyron needs new shoes. What would you rather do: Sell the house (to play it safe), or risk another 25k miles on the same wheels?

Sell the Veyron and buy some Guilds.
Hell I might even pay 'em to build some genuine 16" jumbo shape body bucks and dies for the archback press so they can finally bring back the One True F40.

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I dunno. Too bad they're center-mount. I think they would be very cool on my Taurus.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So I may have mentioned before, my place of work is directly behind Tesla's Service Center (as opposed to the factory) and we've actually rented a sizable are of the apron to 'em for storage of vehicles awaiting transportation to dealers.
On the way out to the street last night I was treated for the first time to this phenomenon:
It appeared that about 30% of the little buggers (Model 3's) were having a late Christmas party or something, head- and parking lamps flashing randomly in the dark.
As if greeting and Hi-Five-ing one another visually.
Apparently this was not an isolated incident:

https://electrek.co/2016/08/16/tesla-vehicles-freaking-out-owners-by-randomly-flashing-lights-video/

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And better yet:

I wonder if that's a warranty issue?
If it weren't for their g-dawful LCD instrumentation display I might want some of that...

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So I may have mentioned before, my place of work is directly behind Tesla's Service Center (as opposed to the factory) and we've actually rented a sizable are of the apron to 'em for storage of vehicles awaiting transportation to dealers.
On the way out to the street last night I was treated for the first time to this phenomenon:
It appeared that about 30% of the little buggers (Model 3's) were having a late Christmas party or something, head- and parking lamps flashing randomly in the dark.
As if greeting and Hi-Five-ing one another visually.
Apparently this was not an isolated incident:

https://electrek.co/2016/08/16/tesla-vehicles-freaking-out-owners-by-randomly-flashing-lights-video/

Have you seen the movie "I, Robot"? Perhaps they are plotting something...

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the movie "I, Robot"? Perhaps they are plotting something...
walrus

I'm gonna lurk about the parking lot tonight to see if I can get one of 'em to do the synchronized light-flashing/door-wagging thing (a la post 371).
Maybe try "Did You Ever See A Lassie".

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
JP just to make sure I'm seeing the right link, that's got a dateline of 2014, announcing he's gonna make all the patents available for open source programming?
Hey there, Al. Just getting back after being away from here for a while. My bad.

I had just seen the announcement two weeks ago on reddit, but it was the first time I had heard this. Apparently, he had announced this in 2014. But he was reannoucing it to encourage the proliferation of electric car technology to promote environmental consciousness. When searching for an article to share, I guess I posted the first announcement. This article explains examines why Musk may have broadcasted this again to the world.
https://www.thedailystar.net/bytes/news/elon-musks-patents-belong-you-now-1696891

Thanks for keeping me accurate! :uncomfortableness: