Tesla Warranty

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you shop a Volt or a hybrid?

Cuz I'm selfish, irresponsible and immature. And it's a lot of fun.
But I do appreciate the 28MPG that the vette offers on the highway, while not the reason why I bought it.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Now don't be silly. You know it's impossible.
You, uh, haven't been keepin up with the F1 season, have you?:

CONSTRUCTORS PROVISIONAL CLASSIFICATION

POSITION / CONSTRUCTOR / PTS

1 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 68

2 McLaren Mercedes 43

3 Scuderia Ferrari 30

And:

"Red Bull has issued an ultimatum to troubled engine supplier Renault -- improve or be dumped.

Although the reigning world champions have emerged from the depths of a winter crisis, team consultant Helmut Marko insisted Renault has a long way to go if it wants to stay under the engine cover of the team's Adrian Newey-designed cars."

Seems they're having a spot of trouble with the electric motor side of the hybrid power unit...
Go figure.

I must say however that nothing, absolutely NOTHING trumps the cool factor of the Tesla's Zombie Apocalypse Warranty.
Hummer mighta had it if they were still around .
But I want one o' them little stickers in the corner of my windshield, bad.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Cuz I'm selfish, irresponsible and immature. And it's a lot of fun.
But I do appreciate the 28MPG that the vette offers on the highway, while not the reason why I bought it.
Jeez, I gotta rack up about 200 continuous freeway miles at 55 to55-1/2 to just eke out 29mpg in my 220hp AWD Milan.
And anyway, where do you put your golf clubs?
Geez, what an impractical car.
Not that I'm envious or anything.
I realized back when I was selling 'em I'm really insecure driving anything that I can't see the first 10 feet of roadway in front of the hood.
Really, they oughta sell lift kits for 'em.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ummm for the record I just bought an electric assist bike....almost like getting exercise.....Steffan

Ridgemont

Reaction score
Let's compare percentage of Teslas which have caught fire to percentage of GM's recalled for ignition switch problems.
(But hey it's good to see you back Ridge!! I realize you might just be pokin' the ribs a little bit)
Honestly though, as much as I might admire Mr. Musk for some of his accomplishments, I'm not fully satisfied yet that the manufacture of batteries might not be more ecologically destructive than the problem it's supposed to cure.
Speakin' of fires though, I'm startin' to get a little nervous about feedin' another bonfire thread here, but hey it's the weekend comin' up, all the good stuff always happens on the weekends, right?
:excitement:

Yes Al, just a poke in the ribs really. Here in Austin we see either big trucks or Priuses of which I own the latter. It was purchased mainly to address the large amount of work travel that my wife does and it was a very wise investment over the 6 years of ownership. Recently though I have begun seeing quite a few Teslas around town with a few being owned by people living not too far from us. Interesting vehicles, but definitely not for your "average Joe" considering the price. As an owner of a vehicle that has hybrid/electric technology, one downside is the speciality service required. For many issues, I am required to have it serviced by the dealer and can't really shop around for cheaper service. One thing to keep in mind when considering really advanced technologies in an automobile.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the extension cord for that sucker.

They use the spirally thing so you get a warning when reaching the end of the range..... only problem is it tends to pull you back to where you came from when it's completely stretched out.

:laughing:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Uh... remind me again.... who won the 2010,11,12 & 13 seasons? With what motor?...
Hater!
:playful:
That was then, this is now.
And it's about time them Renault customers are askin' "What have you done for me lately?" since I'm kinda tired of askin' Ferrari the same thing.
But at least they build a whole car.
ZING!
:eek:nthego:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That was then, this is now.
And it's about time them Renault customers are askin' "What have you done for me lately?" since I'm kinda tired of askin' Ferrari the same thing.
But at least they build a whole car.
ZING!
:eek:nthego:

Hater! Hater! Hater! Hater! Hater!

So what ya getting on the 0-60 with the Milan? 9sec?... :barbershop_quartet_

I can probably keep up with the Deux Chevaux.... oh no wait..... it doesn't go to 60. :grumpy:

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So what ya getting on the 0-60 with the Milan? 9sec?... :barbershop_quartet_
Ouch. Although it does have traction control and all wheel drive, I suspect their contribution, if any, to acceleration, is positively disappointing.
Holds wet corners very well though, 2 or 3 times already this year.. (insert "relief" emoticon here)

I can probably keep up with the Deux Chevaux.... oh no wait..... it doesn't go to 60. :grumpy:
But does it go to 11?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
For the satisfaction to go 60, I'll take my chances.
We'll be watchin' out for ya:

1962-acc-b-web.jpg

(That's a vintage Renault, by the way)