CE100D vs. X175

Reaction score
A while back, I bought a '59 CE100D (that was factory refinished in 1964... strange bastard guitar, but cheap for that). Prior to that, I had (and still have) a '67 T100D and a '57 X50. Basically, I got the CE100D because I wanted a deeper version of the T100D with the fullness and Franz pickup(s) of the X50. Logical choice, and I love it - nice airy/woody pop + lots of fullness with the neck pickup. Got them for a deal (the X50 missing knobs, the CE100D being refinished), so didn't shop around much/try out other models (price was a big factor). All set-up for different tunings.

Now, I see they've re-released the X175 (with Franz-esque pickups). The reason I went for the CE100D was the extra depth, and I'm glad I did. So, what's the difference between the CE100D and X175 in terms of sound? The X175 has an even deeper body, right? And the reissue isn't particularly expensive. Would it be worth getting? Bear in mind I'm not technical at all (I looked at the specs in the Guild book and felt the blankness of my facial expression), and don't play jazz (originally got the T100D because of an A.A. Bondy obsession). ie: I'm not going for low end warmth/bass so much as a nice bright shimmer/pop that still has nice woody-fullness/depth. The more I can get, the better. But Youtube demos of Guilds tend to focus on the jazzbox angle or the overdriven rock/blues guitar angle, not the clean *pop* I'm going for (and I've yet to see one in a store). How's the X175 in that regard?

Thanks!