It's so strange....

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
xsqx.jpg
Three rear ends with photos.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice. How 'bout a few more pics of the car?

Yeah! Get them ugly guitars outta the way! :laughing:

And please tell me you still have the stock wheels so you can bring it back to all its glory......
It's just....the American version of cathedrals! Absolutely too cool for school.

I notice a widespread common interest linking guitars and cars together. What's up with that? :apple:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
My doctor gave me pictures from my colonoscopies but I'm not sharing. Maybe someone else needs a new doctor?

As for cars and guitars, there was a time in America when "coolness" for teenaged boys was defined in terms of cars or guitars. (Motorcycles were cool but only if you wanted a blue collar or outlaw vibe to go with them and girlfriends were cool but if you had one you didn't need a car or guitar or a bike for coolness). Today is when those teenagers have grown up and can now afford the cool tooys that were out of reach long ago.

And then there was the time the clamp on the exhaust pipe failed fo the pipe was dragging. Grabbed a G string off of a bass guitar in the trunk, because we were cool like that, and lashed up the pipe sso we could get home without dragging it.

Or Not.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
mqdj.jpg
jcwu it's a 59 caddy with a big block chevy

I wonder what the turning circle is with those wheels on the car, somewhere in the battleship range? On another not, I heard the styling of the '59 Caddy described as a "chrome blowfish", and it has stuck with me ever since.

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
It does have air-bags,lifts about 6 inches for speed bumps,turning circle is about the same as an 18 wheeler !
0vyg.jpg

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
am4l.jpg
no need for a radio, engine sounds like a AA fueller dragster, not very cop friendly.!!

Last edited:

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
Yes bluespicky, a Honda CR 400, collecting early monkey bikes and trikes we had in the 70's.
wwhh.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
My doctor gave me pictures from my colonoscopies but I'm not sharing.
Without pics it didn't happen.

As for cars and guitars, there was a time in America when "coolness" for teenaged boys was defined in terms of cars or guitars. (Motorcycles were cool but only if you wanted a blue collar or outlaw vibe to go with them and girlfriends were cool but if you had one you didn't need a car or guitar or a bike for coolness)
Out here in sunny Californy one could emulate an image of squeaky clean wholesome milk drinking niceness with a Honda, just like the Beach Boys:
littlehonda_zpsaaa76eee.jpg

Especially Brian Wilson, before he was corrupted by that awful Manson fellow:
briancycle_zps649a6ecd.jpg

UP until about '66, anyway:
MV5BMTU4MzYxMzc5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDY5MDEzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Last edited:

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
Sandy, do you think Brian Wilson and Mike Love got the inspiration to write "Help Me Rhonda" after that photo shoot !!! smg.