It's so strange....

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
....to log on and see "No new posts" on this forum, and I'm seeing it more than ever. Did I miss a meeting/memo?
Anyone else notice the subtle yet obvious lack of traffic here? What has changed in recent months? I know that we all have other lives to live/lead, but that's always been the case. Nothing new there.

Just curious and pondering, as usual, :tranquillity:
Joe

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Since I'm on as computer pretty much every day for my job, I look at LTG quite a bit. But I think many members only log in when they have a chance to sit down and relax, which for many does not happen much, as you said, actual life gets in the way.

Think of the positives - your first place spot in the "number of posts" list is secure!!

walrus

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Know what you mean Joe but maybe we've simply said all there is to say. Yeah right. The same thing on my biker forum. It's been dead for quite some time and they all went to FB which I suppose is easier anyway. Family, for some reason, needs to know every time one of em runs out TP or needs a loaf of bread, or the baby smiles, or the chickens are laying. Why deal with another forum when you can get it all on FB?:wink-new:

Peace

silverfox103

Reaction score
What I have noticed Joe in the various forums that I am on, is a decrease in traffic. I am also a regular on 4 car forums, have definitely noticed a slowdown there. I am on a wood pellet stove forum and the traffic seems pretty steady. I wouldn't call it a cycle, but it just happens, I guess.

Tom

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
I've become a lazy member, Joe. I don't know about the rest of LTGers, but I'm always logging in and reading. Nonetheless, I'm not posting as much as I used to do, although I know that I don't have a lot to say. :wink-new:

However, you are right: the traffic has diminished a bit. Interesting.

All the best,
B.

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My own participation around here definitely goes in fits and starts. Like walrus, I'm usually pushing the new posts button several times a day. But, lately I haven't been posting much. And, yeah, the "no new posts" screen seems to be popping up more than usual.

One thing is that it seems like there haven't been a lot of new members sticking around. Or, at least, very few talkative ones.

All I can say is that it's really been a long winter in New England. It started early with cold weather, and seems to be running long. Not a ridiculous amount of snow, just a long road.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Those old political bonfire threads we used to have always seemed to draw a goodly amount of activity.
Just sayin'.
:cocksure:

kdavid

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
since ive started playing out again, ive made a couple friends--the good ex-wife calls them my groupies :)--& they have begun making requests. one just requests 'songs by...' the other requests certian songs. its good as im busy trying to learn at least 1 new tune a week
as well as writing one. i runed clear outta time :)

jcwu

Reaction score
I've noticed decreased traffic too. Maybe we just need to wait for the new Newark Street models to hit the streets and then there will be more discussions again?

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe we have reached the end of the Al Gore-net, I mean the internet?

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We just need to buy more Guilds, so we can post NGDs!

TJNY

Reaction score
Even though I signed up a while back, I always thought this was a slower traffic forum. Became a lurker. What I see since returning to posting is the same group of active posters keeping it active while lurkers are nowhere to be found. It can become cliquish. Typical, I reckon.......

Yoko Oh No

Reaction score
Those old political bonfire threads we used to have always seemed to draw a goodly amount of activity.
Just sayin'.
:cocksure:

i think i found a way around the "play nice" restrictions: Would this thread fly?:

Does anyone know is Elixir's (Nano or Poly) are covered under Obamacare? I mean, didn't he say 'if you like your guitar strings you can keep your guitar strings"??

mr.d.bluster

Reaction score
Going to "new posts" only shows new threads. If you go to "quick links" and select "today's posts," you'll see a little more activity, because it shows the latest posts on existing threads in addition to new ones. Still, you're correct, activity does seem off lately.

I've mainly been lurking, and haven't been reading that many of the new threads, so I guess I'm contributing to the lull. I should be posting a NGD, but I want to wait until I've taken some photos, which could take a while.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Some of us don't have full time internet access...limited public access only.

Noticing that a lot of the new members have only dropped by to list an instrument for sale or a link to an instrument for sale...there is no interest in participation in the forum...when it's sold, they're off.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Where do you see "No New Posts" ?:confused:

I have noticed a decrease in new bird pics posts.:playful:

After the long hard winter we've had (and are still having) around this neck of the woods, it's hard to get enthused about anything.:grumpy: