Greetings from Melbourne Australia!

Reaction score
Hi good folks, I have just registered and am looking forward to finding out a bit more about Guild Guitars and the people who love them!

I have always had a fascination with the Kim Thayill Model, as well as the Manhattan and Starfire semi acoustics.

I have a friend who is selling a 90's model Manhattan X-170 so once I find out a bit more about it I will get back to you all to find it if it is a good deal.

Have a great weekend!

Thunderface

Reaction score
Welcome to the show, Scotti. Good to have you here. The Kim Thayil model of which you speak is the S-100, and there are more than a few S-100 aficionados here. We've got a few members Down Under, too.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Scotti! Guild makes some fantastic jazz boxes, and we do have a fair contingent in Oz as well. Stick around and enjoy all things Guild.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
<waves> I refuse to be your voice of fiscal responsibility! Welcome to the forum!

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome! Prepare to be the proud owner of a bunch of new Guilds!

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome, Scotti! Love Melbourne...nice town!

laverda

Reaction score
Hi Scott, welcome to the friendliest forum on earth... I'm a Melbourne boy (Carlton) by birth but now living up on the Murrumbidgee near Wagga in NSW... south of the border is still our favourite place to visit and we get down that way as often as we can. Nice to have another Aussie to add to the group :)