soon to be NGD.. 1973 CE 100 D

drc

Reaction score
I highly doubt this guitar will fit my style of play, but it was on my list of the type of Guild (big hollow with early 70's HB1's) I wanted to try.

I'm excited to give her a go!

jimmyl51

Reaction score
Is that a Gibson bridge on your new guitar? Beautiful instrument by the way........ jim in Maine

drc

Reaction score
It arrived safe and sound! The guitar is pretty much as advertised with the exception of the bridge and I think the case not being original. If I new the case wasn't original I probably wouldn't have even bid on it! Sounds silly, but true.

More to come after I put new strings on it and plug her in!

jcwu

Reaction score
Pictures!!! :)

What kind of case was it? And did you get a bridge from Hans?

drc

Reaction score
ordering the bridge today.. I wanted to make sure about the guitar before I finalized the order. Here is a pic of the guitar in the case, I guess I should have known by the pic?

jcwu

Reaction score
That's a decent looking case! My '77 CE100D came in a yellow-interior chipboard case. It isn't Guild-branded, but I've seen a few Guilds from that era with the yellow-lined chipboard cases. Maybe it was the standard lower-cost alternative to a hardshell case?

Lester13

Reaction score
Original case is nice to have, but you can't play a case :wink-new:. So, I'm looking forward to read your impressions. How is the neck width and thickness? And how is your neck angle?

Miquel

drc

Reaction score
It cleaned up just fine. The neck is what I am use to when it comes to early 70's guilds. Personally I like a thicker/wider neck, but I know what my options are with Guild.. not too many models with that. The neck angle is a tuff one to figure out, since the bridge isn't original and has some setup issues. Once I get a different bridge I will evaluate the whole neck angle. With the current bridge the action (string height) is acceptable, but I'd prefer it to be a tad lower.

With all that being said, its absolutely a great guitar. I'm nit-picking. It has just the right amount of "mojo" (i hate that word) and plays/sounds just as I'd hope it would. This all just makes me want a X500 again.

Lester13

Reaction score
Good to read that you like your CE-100. It's a great sounding guitar. I wish that it would have a thicker and wider neck, but it isn't uncomfortable to play if the action isn't to high. With the bigbsy b3 the action was just to high. The thin and small neck doesn't work for me with a higher action (lack of grip?), so I removed the bigsby and went back with de harp tail. Still thinking of putting a B7 on it.