Guilembric?

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Last Saturday our band played at a saloon with a tiny space for the band. No worries, amp-wise, since I have a big & small Orange set.

But, there was like zero.zero space for the multi-axe guitar stand the rhythm gitard & I usually share. So I had to pick one bass for the night. And since we were doing so much Who I opted for my Ricky and left the beloved JS-II out in the car.

The Ricky is a kick-*** bass and feels fine in my hands. But I brought an Orange rig. That means I had two one-dimensional instruments, if you get what I mean. (The Ricky sings with an old Trace Eliot head. But not the Oranges)

So, once again. I'm thinking of creating an Guilembric, or perhaps a less expensive active JS-II bass. For those kind of gigs.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
So, what would you start out with as a bass template? (obvious "not a bass player" question);-)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
left the beloved JS-II out in the car.

That made me cringe knowing the weather in your area and not knowing about the crime. I suppose if I actually had a car trunk big enough to hold a bass case out of sight it might be different ;-)