Bone saddle to Guild F-130R

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of changing the nu-bone saddle of my F-130R to bone saddle. I found this one on the net:
"Genuine Guild compensated acoustic bone guitar saddle. Factory part on the GAD-50". (http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/saddles_acoustic.htm)

Will this saddle fit in my F-130R?
If not, where can i find a replacement bone saddle to my F-130R?

Reaction score
Here are the dimensions of the current saddle:
Length: 72mm = 2.83"
Height: 8mm = 0.31"
Width: 3mm = 0.118"

Neal

Reaction score
Welcome, penatuna. Changing the saddle and the tuners on the GAD models are two of the most popular upgrades, along with putting on nicer, harder bridge pins. And none of them break the bank.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong (Joe?), but aren't all GAD bridges and saddles the same?

Neal

DCannon

Reaction score
Welcome to LTG! The first thing I did with my F130R was make a new bone saddle and it did make a slight difference in sound for the better. Also changed out the tuners and pickguard. As far as I know, there's no 'standard' replacement bone saddle for the F-130R and as Joe said, don't assume all GAD bridges/saddles are the same. That GAD-50 bone saddle LOOKS the same, but who knows. The newer "1" series GAD specs could be different. You can call Guild/Fender customer service and see if you can get some info, but from my experience, accurate info regarding GAD specs will depend upon who you talk to. Best thing to do is have one made to fit by a reliable local tech (if available), or contact Bob Colossi. He doesn't list Guild but will make a custom saddle if you send him the old saddle to copy, and Bob does great work. Bob's standard custom saddles are $30.

Good luck!

DC