B B & J in Seymour CT

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My acoustic trio will provide the music for this Saturday's Farmer's Feast at The All-American Valley General Store, 16 Bank St. in Seymour, CT, 6-9 PM. February 15.
Menu for this week is:
Frisee Salad with Pink Grapefruit
Wild Mushroom Soup
Pork with Honey Glaze
Truffled Mashed Potatoes
Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Sauce
Cost is $25 and reservations are required at 203 828 6442.
My singing partner, Janet, has eaten there and highly recommends the cuisine.
http://redcloverblossom.com/farmtotablejanfebmar.html
Web site says 6:30, but we were told 6 PM.
Brad

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! The menu got me back to the drooling level initiated by awagner's F-612 pics!.... (the only thing missing is the Chateau Lafite, but I'm sure it can be arranged).
And seeing your trio would be the icing on the Torte.
Go get them Tiger! Sounds like a great time ahead.

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer Chateau Jack LaLane.... It's quite a bit stronger! :)

Chateau Lalande? Definitely comparable in quality if not better to some likings. With that said there are a few different varieties of both, and depending on the one you pick, a bottle can range from $30 retail price to $2000 for a Lalande St Esteph.... Careful when you call your order to the sommelier or you might be forced into booking a few free gigs to pay the tab! :playful:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sure wish I could make it that little gathering. Great food and even better entertainment.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chateau Lalande? Definitely comparable in quality if not better to some likings. With that said there are a few different varieties of both, and depending on the one you pick, a bottle can range from $30 retail price to $2000 for a Lalande St Esteph.... Careful when you call your order to the sommelier or you might be forced into booking a few free gigs to pay the tab! :playful:

I think Harry is talking about Jack LaLanne the fitness guy, Pascal!

285_1Fitness_Guru_Jack_LaLanne_1986.JPG

Reminds me about when I was hanging around with a bunch of Brits at Saratoga, and a beautiful Palomino horse went by. I said "it looks like one of Mr. Ed's relatives", which was greeted by blank stares.

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh..... Okie dokie then. So does this guy own a chateau? Sorry I have a limited Pop Culture... Never heard of this muscular gentleman before and being so used to seeing typos on French words, I thought I was dealing with one of these typo cases. Thanks for the education Sandy! Now I know who Mr Lalanne is. :)

(btw if I go by your spelling of Mr. Lalanne's name Sandy, there was a typo anyway.... LOL)

Last edited:

gilded

Reaction score
Yes, boys, it was a clumsy, misspelled attempt at humor/humour (both spellings provided!).
Oh well, that's what I get for not googling 'Jack LaLane'. LaLanne, must remember.... :)