New Guild Have Some Questions

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to Guild. I always loved Guild guitars and played many over the years, but I never had the cash or felt to guilty to spend it. I finally broke down and bought a D-150. I am honestly a little happier every day about this purchase. I love this guitar. It is the first really nice, good playing instrument that I have bought for myself. Of course, I would still like a vintage model one day. I certainly have a dream list. But, I am happy with this Chinese model. Quite frankly, I don't think one could find a better guitar for the price. I actually prefer it to my Step father's American Martin (although that is a beautiful instrument), and I prefer it by a long shot to equally priced Taylors.

That being said, I would like to know the differences between the GAD models and the American-made Guild models. Any experts out there want to fill me in? The Guild website isn't explicit about it other than to say it is made in China. I suspect that there are some corners cut like maybe the frets aren't quite as nice or the nut is a cheaper material. It lacks some of the ornamentation of the high end models. Again, I love the guitar. I am just curious.

I also want to know how to register the thing. The guild website had a broken link or doesn't do that anymore. I registered it on the Fender site, but I do not know if it was successful. There wasn't really a notification or anything.

Thank you.