Model Five. Better than a Model Two?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
All of these were imported solid state amps. Grot has some, so he can talk about their quality, but I don't think its very high. 5 would just be louder/bigger than 2.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Is likely nothing special and could find something much nicer very easily for the same money, albeit not a Guild...

have seen a few clean thunder 1's pop up recently,one or 2 at very reasonable asking prices... But u would have to stock up on those discontinued tubes, and match them, as the amp runs on (2) of them. Plus that amp does not have the reverb.

My girlfriend has a clean Vox VT-15 for sale if you are interested. It's solid state with a tube for the preamp. Has a ton of different effects and sounds, considered a modeling amp. I can get some great tones out of it. Pm me if interested, I will likely be driving down that way in march or April.

I also recommend the older, small (1x10?) marshall solid state amps. But that's a slight jump in price from the Guild model 5 or the vox VTs. Or potentially a fender silverface champ at the right price

GFooChombey

Reaction score
Grot, that sounds strangely appealing..

Edit: We're gonna try to get this actually. $125 for a transistor sound is pretty neat. I'm justifying getting another amp by saying "it's for her."

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hope you were the lucky buyer at $125. For home use that is not a bad thing, especially as it looked pretty new. A made in Japan Guild labeled amp. The look alone is nice! Nobody would expect big tone from a 6" speaker anyway.

$_12.JPG

Ralf