NGD! My first archtop Guild!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Let me see what I find. Here are the two old links which I think might be so old that he guitars maybe be no longer there:
http://81.169.170.65/gitcc/PRODUKTE/egitarren/GUILD/model starfire custom.htm
http://81.169.170.65/gitcc/PRODUKTE/egitarren/GUILD/GUILD.htm

Another one was this one we had discussed here:

27_03_13_guild.jpg

Our member matsickma has one as well, his collection of pictures of other such 3 pickup Starfires is here.

Ralf

Now that's a green to get excited about!

Muovinen

Reaction score
Pekka, are you paying attention here?

Yup! I would love a Starfire with P90's but I'm not sure if I need 3 of them :D Also, one bigsby guitar is enough for me. My Carved sounds so good with the Phat Cats that I'm not sure if I wanna take them out. If I do, I might have to find another guitar to put them into - MIK Polara? ;D

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also, one bigsby guitar is enough for me.
You know, that's not an excuse :playful: They also came without Guildby, as matsickma had shown in on of his pictures:

Custom_Shop_SF4_3P90_WAL_STOP.jpg

I am not a big fan of that Goldtop version however:
Custom_Shop_SF4_3P90_GOLD_STOP.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

Muovinen

Reaction score
There's something odd about that goldtop, that's true. Maybe I'd even try white soap bars to make it super creamy :) That brownburst/walnut/whatever looks pretty damn good but I have more urgent things on my list (telecaster, good single-coil guitar, new amp) than another P90 guitar ;) Well, those aren't for sale that often either?

PS: Forgot to mention that shooting a black guitar was a bit pain in the ***. had to be extra careful with reflections and angles. I experimented with a bunch of different lightings and tried to protect the glossy surface from too much direct sunlight (which we have plenty over here anyways :p). Got even some velvet-like results!