Guild Starfire IV

Reaction score
I've recently just purchased a Guild Starfire IV and having trouble dating the guitar. I've looked at the dating guide that Guild provides but the serial number on my guitar doesn't match the scheme they've provided. Just seeing if any of you fine ladies and gentlemen could get me a little more info. I'd upload images, but I can't on this forum and can't post links as well to show you the guitar, but the serial number on both the headstock and on the label is 54182, model number=SF IV SB.

Thanks I really appreciate the help!!!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've recently just purchased a Guild Starfire IV and having trouble dating the guitar. I've looked at the dating guide that Guild provides but the serial number on my guitar doesn't match the scheme they've provided. Just seeing if any of you fine ladies and gentlemen could get me a little more info. I'd upload images, but I can't on this forum and can't post links as well to show you the guitar, but the serial number on both the headstock and on the label is 54182, model number=SF IV SB.

Thanks I really appreciate the help!!!

Hello guitarmanj,

Welcome! Your Starfire IV with serial # 54182 is from the year 1971.
These are nice guitars. Hope you will enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

guildman63

Reaction score
Welcome! '71 was definitely a good time for Starfire's, but then most years were good. As for posting pictures, you need to first host them on a site like photobucket, and then copy and paste the appropriate link from there. Enjoy the guitar!

Qvart

Reaction score
If it's anything like my '72.....SCORE!!!!

696548d1335890314-new-member-italy-joining-simpson-pics-didnt-happen.jpg