Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like a F-312 to me.

Simon-and-Garfunkel.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

idealassets

Reaction score
...though it doesn't really sound like one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiQN3pQ6EwM
Wow, great video. I'll go back and watch the rest later. That is the unmistakable sound of a mid 1960's Guild F312. The sound is a little different since it has no pickup, but is live mic'd. Also it is capo'd at the 3rd fret, and perhaps tuned down a number of steps. Paul Simon plays a rosewood Guild F30 in the next song. That must have been quite the item to play more than one Brazilian rosewood "vintage" guitar when they were actually brand new.

One can only wonder what eventually became of those 2 particular guitars.

On another note, does anyone know what guitar models Paul Simon is currently playing?

Craig

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I saw them in the fall of '66, freshman year at college. He was playing the same two guitars at that time, or at least the 12. He also apparently had a custom Guild made around that time. Not long after that a friend had a guitar he showed me with a letter from Guild. It was a standard body with a custom neck that the letter said was designed for Paul Simon. I'm working from almost a 50 year old memory here, so some things are a little hazy, but it seems that Simon was involved with Guild at one point.
Brad

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow... I'm a little too loopy to watch this right now.... but I LOVED the Association back in the day!! I was kinda young but I had an older brother than introduced me to all kinds of music. It was a good thing. Thanks Bill!! I can wake up to this with coffee in the morning..... :encouragement: