$6500.00 1978 D55 in Ebay with no actual Photos! Really?

Wilfred

Reaction score
I'd consider selling mine for 5K and there's pictures aplenty for anyone who asks. Grab it while you can! ;-)

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Let's see, seller has 100% positive feedback (total of one), been a member of eBay since 2003, total of three sales (if I'm reading correctly) but "Attractive, very good condition, natural finish! Beautiful sound! Heavy & very well made from 1978 (Vintage). Actual photos to be downloaded upon serious inquiries." So it's probably not even a photo of the actual guitar. Great listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121260094902
Brad
PS I think it comes with a bridge, and not the one on the guitar.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm thinking "scam", but you never know, he could be serious.

BTW - fretless, just do copy/paste to add a link.

walrus

poser

Reaction score
Yup the photo has what looks like a New Hartford label.
I wonder what the seller would consider a serious inquiry. Perhaps, "Sixty five hundred dollars?! are you serious?!?".

Kitarkus

Reaction score
I wrote him. He responded. "My Guild is a 1978 model! My camera does not work in order to take a picture because I would be proud to show off my Guild. The photo is of D55 GUILD that closely resembles my Guild. I am asking the amount I feel I would be comfortable in parting with it because of its age, quality, sentimental worth, and the craftsmanship of a 36 year old American guitar legend. No sir, my as is not a scam! My Guild is hanging on the wall with my other 8 guitars--Taylor, Alvarez, Washburn, ...... No offense taken! "

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"No sir, my as is not a scam!"

Did he type an "s" instead of a "d"? Or he leave off an "s"?

The world wonders.

Oh, and post a picture of a D-55 when selling a D-50. Nice.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
So, what's the going charge for "sentimental value".... anyone??

One ... meeeeliun dollars.

Dr_Evil.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
To be honest, somehow it seems worse (or at least more sad) that he apppears to be serious...

walrus

fretless

Reaction score
I did hear back from this Ebayer in response to my message asking him to please post a picture of the most expensive D55 ever, because people are curious... he told me as well that his camera phone doesn't work, but also that he is probably going to RAISE the price to $9,900.00 soon...

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
my thoughts as well Walrus. it very quickly went from amusing to sad...he's thinking about raising his price
He can do whatever he wants, it's his guitar. Maybe he doesn't really want to sell it but is being pressured. You know, the old, I tried honey, but nobody would meet a fair price.
Brad