If you could have one back....

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
I let the '73 Guild F 50R in the profile pic go a couple of years ago as I my hands started to prefer 3/4" fretboards as opposed to 11/16". That was one versatile, great sounding guitar and I still miss it from time to time.

However, I have always wondered whatever happened to my first Guild, a 1969 D-35 purchased from Alexandria Music in Alexandria, LA. After I graduated from LSU I sold it to a college friend (Ray Hughes from New Jersey) to buy a D-50, which served me well for many years. I don't really know how that D-35 really sounded relative to another mahogany drednaught, but after all these years it still bugs me that I let it go.

If anyone knows Ray and if he has an old D 35 with a capo mark imprinted in the lacquer behind the nut, well, I might be interested in reaquiring said guitar!

CK

beecee

Reaction score
I'd have to say the only guitar I had an remorse over was the NH F50R I traded to txbumper. Not really remorse as I had never bonded, (go figure my D-40 std is my fave) with it plus it went to a great home where it's getting a lot more love. But it was a stunning guitar. Gorgeous.

But frankly, the NH F-412 I just bought helps fill the wow void.

mike1100

Reaction score
I have no regrets regarding the ones I've let go, however.............When hurting for cash, my dad sold his pre-CBS daphne blue (rosewood board) strat, along with a brown face Deluxe amp to a fellow soldier in his unit. Sadly, he never even got paid all the money from the deal.

If I ever hit the lottery, I know what I would get for my dad.

Last edited:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
A number of great Guilds have passed through my hands, but the one that I regret the most for selling is my NH F-412. The low ends would melt my ears, and the mids and highs lifted my mood.

RC

Grassdog

Reaction score
Mid 90's Gibson J-200 (maple back/sides). That one keeps me up at night. Don't know what I was thinking.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
In the early 60s I wanted to learn to play guitar. I was 12 or 13 and my daddy came home with an old Odell Vegas semi hollowbody "f" hole. It was so easy to learn on but in a year I wanted one of those solid body cutaways and traded it at Collins music store in Clarksville, TN. I wish I had that Odell back.

62Slimjim

Reaction score
Back in late '70's or maybe early '80's at Seattle Center Bumbershoot festival.
The 'singer" is actually Jim Wilkie, well-known jazz radio presenter who was introducing the band.
The band was a Brazilian fusion group called "Papaya" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APNTGzWoj-Q&list=RDAPNTGzWoj-Q&t=6
3ODsJYX.jpg

Last edited:

refret

Reaction score
And a 1992 Martin HJ-28, and a 1957 Martin 000-28 that I put a new Martin top on in another lifetime....the Brazilian rosewood on that one was beautiful. I got it re-lacquered all over by a Martin retiree that had a shop set up at home. He did a great job, looked new but for the neck and headstock, that was left original. Unfortunately I took it to the Philly guitar show and got an offer I couldn't refuse. Must have been nearly 20 years ago, wish it was still here now.....

dbirchett

Reaction score
I have sold very few guitars. Traded in a few. I miss my first Strat and my first Gretsch, a Tennessean. But I have replaced them both. Both are more modern examples, a downgrade of sorts for the Strat and probably an upgrade for the Tennessean. But the one I would really like to get back was a '66 Martin D-18 that FedEx decided to see if it could withstand a fork lift or something. It couldn't. Reduced it to toothpicks and kindling. Had the guitar nearly 40 years.