If you could have one back....

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Of all the Guilds I've owned, the one that I would like to have in my hands again is this one.

a71d.jpg

1987 D25

It was, quite simply, the best sounding guitar I've owned, including a D50, and a M***** D18 and D28. It was very light and easy to fondle. The arched back projected like no other. After I got it, I had the bridge reset and added a new saddle and nut. Everyone who heard/saw it loved it.

On the other hand, I know that Doc enjoys her so there's some solace in that. :tranquillity:

C'est la vie,
Joe

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
... and that is the reason why I plan to keep all of mine forever. I don't do regret well.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
It would have to be my old '93 "prototype" F20 that's now living with SouthernGuild in Oz.

4448877480_bc3530a49c_o.jpg

It was dead mint, and was one of the not so common arch back standard scale F20s. Has more projection than any small body guitar I've ever played.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
1963 Martin 0-16NY.
The New Yorker. My wife loved that guitar. It was perfect for her.
that is the one i will always regret letting go.

F312

Reaction score
For me it is my F312 I bought in 1973 and was around 10 years old the guy I bought it from said for 185 dollars and foolishly sold it at the Guitar Show in Arlington Texas back in the late 80s for 700 dollars and went and bought a stat. Still have the stat but doesn't get played much. Anyone seen it? Forgot the serial number but it has a nice rainbow color peace sign in the lower bout of the case. I have to hear my wife say all the time, it was the best sounding guitar you ever had. Anyone seen not my guitar? I want it back.

Wipes a tear from his eye.
Ralph

guildman63

Reaction score
There are a few, but surprisingly for me, it would not be a Guild. It would be an Ibanez GB-12. I found it back in the early to mid 90's in the want ad section of the local newspaper down in New Jersey (the old fashioned way of finding things). It was listed as having been kept in its case under a bed for most of its life, and man was that ever true! It barely even had a pick mark on it, and it was probably the prettiest guitar I have ever seen. While its tone was not quite as nice as my current Guilds, or the 1961 X-175 I once had and the 1956 CE-100 I am soon shipping out the door, it was just a beautiful guitar that played very nicely. I have been looking for one every since I was forced to sell it to help pay my last grad school tuition payment, but I have yet to find one that is for sale.

Here are a few youtube videos showing you what I mean...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ibanez+gb-12[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ibanez+gb-12[/video]

Last edited:

bobdcat

Reaction score
This little M20 was very nice. I also have a Martin 00-17, so I felt the M20 was redundant. Wish I still had the M20, though.

Also, I was the original owner of this '67 Mark IV. Wish I hadn't sold it, but I recently found a '63, so, that's OK.

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
You're correct Joe. I DO enjoy the D25; more than the D15 I got from you; more than the recent D50 I purchased. But the question, "if I could have one back........", I sold a Sigma D19 to a buddy; the only guitar I've ever sold, but I don't want it back. I don't plan on selling anything else.

Peace

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
If I could have one back, it would be...oh...oops...wrong forum....thought I was over at the let's talk g....never mind:redface:

tommym

Reaction score
Some of us are lucky.....we get a second chance at the one that got away....like my 1972 F-30 in my signature below. It's not my best sounding guitar by far, and needs a bunch of work to bring it up to snuff. Probably cheaper to just buy a new F-30. I have gone through a bunch of higher end, better sounding Guilds over the past 30 odd years, but I always regretted selling the 1972 F-30. Well it's home for good now.

Tommy

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
It would have to be my old '93 "prototype" F20 that's now living with SouthernGuild in Oz.

QUOTE]
Hey, Thanks Mate! She is a wonderful guitar indeed. Still "Minty" ( I look after her very well, and the case is fantastic!), but gets lotza play 'round here. So articulate and comfy.
I look forward to the day you come on down here and see and play her, and a few other 'familiar' guitars, again.
That will be a good time for sure! :cocksure:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey, Thanks Mate! She is a wonderful guitar indeed. Still "Minty" ( I look after her very well, and the case is fantastic!), but gets lotza play 'round here. So articulate and comfy.
I look forward to the day you come on down here and see and play her, and a few other 'familiar' guitars, again.

That will be a good time for sure! :cocksure:

Working on Mrs. Two for 2015 buddy. She passed the 11 hour flight test coming ack from Crete :eek:nthego:

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A Hoboken D-50. Couldn't afford to keep it and get the Tele I needed for a band gig, so the D-50 went. Probably around 1975.
Brad

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A 1976 D-40. That was my first Guild, which I bought about 1983 or so. Wrote songs with it. Played everything from blues to bluegrass with it, too. Sold it off, with all of my music gear, in 1990. It was time to cast aside the distractions and get serious about the career. Seemed like a good idea at the time, anyway.