New to me SFIiii Corona tobacco burst

prairietelecaster

Reaction score
Happy to have picked up a Guild again after some 40 years without!
I understand that it was made between 2001-2004 there about. I have found a lot of info out there about other years and serial numbers but not much for the Corona production era. Any tips or links to serial numbers and dates? I will continue to search the archives here. Thanks
Edit: upon further searching I think I know who to ask......
Hans says it is a 2003 and he is working on the serial numbers from that era of production. Big thanks to Hans.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
And there are no pics? I don't believe a word of it. :)

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
And there are no pics? I don't believe a word of it. :)
Indeed! Balderdash! Lets see that beauty! :cocksure:

Seriously, Congrats!Sounds like a winner. Those tobacco burst are wonderous.
Edit: Hans just beat me in. I Love the 'Bacca burst, But the antique burst is a fine look too. Congrats!

Last edited:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Let's bring it home to LTG!

SFIII.jpg

Sweeeeet!

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Gorgeous. My favorite Guild so far. Mine is 2001 (I think) and has P-90s. Might be the best sounding guitar at my house right now. And given what other guitars are here too, that is really saying something. Guild definitely got this later SF III right. Wonderful guitars.
MD

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sweet! Of course, I'm a sucker for a nice 'burst.:tongue-new:

prairietelecaster

Reaction score
Well, ultimately pleased (actually ecstatic) with this guitar. It was dropped off at my door this morning and I have been giving it a bash. Wow! Lightweight, resonant, great pick ups and variety of tones as well as a beautiful guitar. I was picking hack jazz, rock, rockabilly to country through a deluxe reverb this AM. This is the score that tells me no more guitars are wanted by me. (don't quote me on that!). It seems to be far nicer than the mid 60's SFII I had in the early 70's. That was a long time ago so perhaps an unfair statement. I do think this new one is much lighter but that could be time and memory stuff. Hands down way nicer than my Dearmond SF Special (and the Dearmond is a good guitar.) I was looking forward to the comparison and the Corona is far beyond the Dearmond (as I have seen stated in this forum but needed to be convinced so). That said I do recommend the Dearmond as a fine $ conscious substitute with killer pick ups. The previous owner kept the corona immaculate and intonated. Hats off to him. The whammy works well on the corona, staying nicely in tune with moderate modulation. I haven't really torqued on it just some subtle whammy experimenting. I haven't cranked the amp to noodle with feedback. Looking forward to trying it at a gig.

By the way Sleeko, that is a fine looking guitar you have.

Last edited:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice! I didn't want an SFIII until I saw yours; that is beautiful. Looking forward to a gig report.

prairietelecaster

Reaction score
I know I am going through the new guitar syndrome but I'm pretty sure this is the finest guitar I own now. Weight wise this is the first true hollowbody electric I've had since I owned the long gone mid 60's SFII. Were SF II's and III's ever manufactured with a centre block? This new guitar is making my somewhat light 7lb telecaster feel rather heavy. Hah!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
IMHO, there is no finer-built guitar than a Westerly Guild. Glad you've seen the light!