NGD X-175 Finally Arrives

JavelinaJoe

Reaction score
Guild Total
After months of waiting my brand new Newark St. X-175 has arrived. I ordered through a small local dealer and he must be on the absolute bottom of Fender fulfillment list. Funny thing is the guy is selling Guild acoustics like mad. He sold 9 of them in the last 3 months. I saw him sell 2 on Christmas eve. Granted he is selling the Arcos and GAD models. But I'm as happy as dog with a bone.:excitement:

Here's a shot at home fresh from the store. Enjoy the pics.

fdw3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

iea9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
p67h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
8a7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1tyb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dhdfoster

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few pics if these by now and I'm still knocked out by how great they look. They really nailed it. Kinda wish i'd gotten sunburst instead of blonde.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Again, I wasn't looking forna SFIV, but I was impressed enough to come home with something I didn't need.

Lol!

Reaction score
This is one sweet guitar, congratulations! Mine is opening up quite nicely and I've got her set up with DR .12 flats. What strings are you planning to use? Again, this is a superb instrument, glad they're selling so well!

jimmyl51

Reaction score
I played one of these over at Buckdancers Choice in Portland,Maine. What amazed me about the guitar is that it came just about perfect from the factory both in finish and also the action of the guitar. The sunburst finish on these guitars is absolutely GORGEOUS as the one that I played was kind of a reddish sunburst which is truely magnificent reminding me of my first Starfire 4 that I bought from cleaning homes as a teenager in 1966. Is your X-175 the same would you say? Can I ask you who was the dealer that you bought it from? jim in Maine

Reaction score
Jim, my two cents is that I got the same exact one from musicstorelive.com , they're located in Vermont. These nice fellas double checked the set up and packed everything safe.

JavelinaJoe

Reaction score
Guild Total
I played one of these over at Buckdancers Choice in Portland,Maine. What amazed me about the guitar is that it came just about perfect from the factory both in finish and also the action of the guitar. The sunburst finish on these guitars is absolutely GORGEOUS as the one that I played was kind of a reddish sunburst which is truely magnificent reminding me of my first Starfire 4 that I bought from cleaning homes as a teenager in 1966. Is your X-175 the same would you say? Can I ask you who was the dealer that you bought it from? jim in Maine

I'm kinda color blind, but my girl agrees it's got a definite reddish hue. I bought it at Sticks & Strings over on the far east side of town. Its a small mom & pop shop. The old man is an old jazzer and his son Tony runs the store. He's recently became a Guild dealer and is stocking a few acoustics and electrics now. Nice folks over all. Slow on fulfilling orders.