Guid M-30

Reaction score
Hey Everybody- (1st post) I recently acquired a 1959 or 60 M-30. It is Hoboken built and has the later ghost label (Casper playing a guitar with a fretboard background). It is in very good condition with a straight neck, action at the 12th fret is 3/32", newer frets and a divot free Brazilian rosewood fretboard. The bridge looks original although it was re-glued at some point and there is no bellying, cracks or repairs to the top, sides or back. The braces seem tight although I am bringing it to my luthier to make sure. It plays very well with a fast, smooth and somewhat chunky neck. The nut and saddle are bone and the nut width is 1 11/16". The tuners are original and are a little stiff but they work and hold well so far.
These funky vintage blues boxes seem to be pretty rare and I'm wondering if anybody knows what it might be worth. I will try to post photos if I can figure it out. I am also interested in possibly selling it and am open to offers. Thanks for your input.

Mobyhog

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the Vintage Guide for 2013 lists that guitar (the Del Rio M-30, 59-64) for $1300-$1600.

Reaction score
Sorry about the duplicate post. I didn't see it today so I re-posted.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome! Those are great little guitars - good luck with the luthier!

walrus

Kitarkus

Reaction score
I only wish that I could actually get "Vintage Guide 2013" reported prices for some of my guitars.