New Car Smell versus New Guitar Smell...

fretless

Reaction score
i used to think new car smell was the best, but i'm sitting here sort of giddy from the potent combination of nitrocellulose and Rosewood, and it's pretty nice. especially the Rosewood! what's your preference? is there any contest?

Happy New Year Y'all!

Rick

Wilfred

Reaction score
I love 'old guitar smell' so much that I'm known for sniffing my vintage guitars every time I take one out of its case.

Smitch

Reaction score
I'm totally guilty of sticking my nose near the soundhole of my acoustic guitars. The more air that moves, the more you can smell those awesome scents. I'd suspect people think it's a bit strange, as I'll take a sniff when I come across a guitar that I haven't played before...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo and I are both admitted sound hole sniffers. I think there's a support group for that somewhere! As you see on the back of a lot of carpenters trucks:

i_love_wood_bumper_sticker.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
IT occurs to me that if you like that new guitar smell you should keep it cased. Both my D40 and my F65ce smell almost as good as new, after 10 years, give or take a few months.
The D25, having spent so much time outside the case, not so much....

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Wow

We certainly appear to be a weird bunch we do. "I sniff a bit myself", he said controlling his dyslexia. :redface:

Peace

mario1956

Reaction score
Chazmo and I are both admitted sound hole sniffers. I think there's a support group for that somewhere! As you see on the back of a lot of carpenters trucks:

i_love_wood_bumper_sticker.jpg

Oh yeah!!
The best one I have is a Blueridge BR260 which is Brazilian. It has the sweetest most intoxicating smell I have ever experienced.

I would never part with it for one, it was a gift from my wife, and second being a devout sound hole sniffer it's almost like crack......... :)

No support groups or interventions.........................No I won't go willingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Amen. Nothing smells like 18 year old spruce! Mind you, my new ukulele (solid spruce top, laminate zebrawood back and sides) is pretty sweet.