Thread: 1957 66-j

1957 66-j

1957 66-J

That is cool as H E double hockey sticks!
    Guild On!
    -Dave
    --------------------------------------

I"m glad to see another 66-J posted. I just started a thread on mine:

http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...ild-Model-66-J

I do not have a footswitch, nor does mine have any indication of a badge on the front. Yours appears to have what may be small speakers in the lower corners, like mine does. You don't show a picture with the back panel removed, but I'm curious if yours has one more tube behind the center partition like mine does. If so, the schematic that is found on the Internet is not correct for yours. I have drawn one for mine as a CAD drawing, but have it plotted to a PDF file. If I can see a place to upload it to the forum, I will do so over on my thread.

Thanks for posting. I'll be following yours. Have a good one.

Jack
    "We sleep safe in our beds
    because rough men stand ready in the night
    to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell

Hi I have commented on your thread. Mine does not have the extra tweeter speakers or the extra tube. U might be alone on that journey! Seems they are almost all either cosmetically and/or electronically different in some little way. I consider Guild the "original boutique amp." Pretty much all of them, all the tube amps. Each one was made by hand and seemingly at least a little unique, somehow, to the next. Sure seems that way. Even the placement/location of the "Guild" chrome badge on the late 60s ones (like my Maverick). Anything goes!

Jack, there is no direct upload to LTG- files have to be hosted elsewhere.

Sorry!
    "Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders."
    (amps - I need a "99" & "50")

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    Jack, there is no direct upload to LTG- files have to be hosted elsewhere.

Sorry!
    Ok, that's fine. I will be glad to provide a copy to anyone by email. I see that it can't be attached to one, through the forum. But, I can reply back to any email request, with the attached PDF file.

Jack
    "We sleep safe in our beds
    because rough men stand ready in the night
    to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell

Sold to Default. Enjoy bringing this one back to life buddy! she's in the right hands now. make her sing again!