Another crazy ebay listing for a 'vintage Guild Archtop'..........

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
With this description:

The Seller said:
“The Bass pickup is only working. There is only two knobs out of 4. The Bridge is not original. There is finish removed from belt wear on the back. There is wear on the carved arched top. The lower strap holder is crazy glued into the body due to extreme usage.”

And with that pictures: $4500?

OK...

All the best,
B.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, you know, that's one of those double edged sword kind of things. If you want to buy Guilds and are looking for the best deal possible, you'll see that price is ridiculous to the point of criminal. If, on the other hand, you already have a collection and you want your collection to appreciate in value, then there's a small part of you that wants to see these instruments sell for higher and higher prices.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jim, there's nothing new about people estimating a price that's not realistic at all on Ebay. And it doesn't hurt anyone - it just keeps their guitars from selling.

jimmyl51

Reaction score
Walter I believe that there is more to this than meets the eye...........I am thrilled that yes all of this may end up making my old Guilds from the 1950's more valuable however I just don't want to see old Guilds go the way of what has happened to alot if not most of the old Gibsons..............a 1959 Les Paul that some guy wants $500,000 for ONLY because it is a 1959 Les Paul Standard? I just don't want to see our old Guilds leaving our country and ending up in the hands of off shore investors that could care less about the value and real history of these great New England instruments thats all.................jim in Maine

jimmyl51

Reaction score
$12,501 includes the kitty however you have to pay for the shipping for said kitty cat ;>) jim in maine