I'm cryin'!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm planning on doing Traffic's "Rock and Roll Stew" with my students in the Spring and felt that it would really work with a wah on the solo (even though there isn't one on the original.)
So, I finally broke down and picked up a Dunlop Crybaby 535 wah. Not to promote any particular fast food chain but...dah dit duh duh dah, I'm lovin' it!
I've got my Starfire going in to the wah into the Fender Deluxe. Great sounds and so much fun to experiment with. I'd thought it'd be a little cliched, but so far, not so much. It's transforming some stale patterns into something fresh to my ears.

:victorious:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
With that thread title, I thought you were doing "I Am The Walrus"!

For a few years of my "playing life", I was electric-less, and one of the things I missed the most was playing around with effects, and in general "rocking out". I have a Digitech effects pedal with tons of options - sometimes I lose myself in experimenting!

Enjoy the wah!

walrus

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for reminding me of that song. What raw energy and sync they had!
Sadly, it's one of the few Traffic songs that we can do. Much too hard to match Winwood's voice on all the other songs. I'd love to do "Shanghai Noodle Factory."