Original 1956 Hang tag...

guildman63

Reaction score
Thanks to Zizala I now have the original hang tag for the 1956 CE-100 I have. The guitar is still for sale, so give me a shout if interested.

[/URL]

guildman63

Reaction score
I got the guitar in a trade with Zizala, who subsequently found this gem in her house. Zizala can probably give you a more accurate history than I can. Definitely very cool! And it is in surprisingly good condition.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice! That is a great collectible to go with the guitar! You may have to increase the price... just kidding, I know you are trying to sell it!
walrus

zizala

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Oh good David......you got it! Glad its caught up with the guitar again!

I knew it was around somewhere but was buried in the rubble somewhere around here when we made the trade....but theres more story to tell....

That CE-100 was found in storage from the long dead inventory of a music store in Denver. I bought it from a local Denver dealer/player that acquired it somehow, and he had it for a short enough time not to have messed it up thankfully. Any of the very minimal finish checking and binding shrinkage happened as it sat for years unplayed.
It was in a chipboard case when I received it.....probably original, but I had no use for it. In the case pocket was this original warranty card which has always had me pretty sure that the guitar was never actually sold. Anyway I traded that chipboard case to a friend and several months later he came back to me and said "you might want this"........I had left the card in that case! I could probably get the case back if you really wanted it.

Anyway.....its such a great guitar and I'm having some sort of internal battle about this opportunity to have it back.
I just found a beautiful '56 X-175 locally and its like its larger twin......what a pair they'd make!

Oh my......

Diane

guildman63

Reaction score
Diane,

Thanks for the update! There is also an X-375 available from 2nevets, also from 1956. It appears to be in spectacular condition as well, and I want it in the worst way. However, with an American Patriarch X-500 coming my way in a few days I just can't do it. You know where to find me if you ever want this CE-100 back. I have listed it out here, on Craigslist, and on Ebay. I had a guy contact me over the weekend to check it out, but then he got back to me saying that his wife did not approve of any guitar transactions at this time. :disgust:

guildman63

Reaction score
Guild "Rite Slant" strings are mentioned on the westerlyguildguitars website for the X-50 and CE-100, but I have never heard anything else about them. Perhaps Hans has some info.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I noticed the hang tag is now mentioend in your eBay ad - good idea! You can't get much better "case candy" than that!

walrus