Can you learn to play electric ?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Rampside, how very appropriate to take a carved "Nature Boy" camping!

walrus

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Rampside, how very appropriate to take a carved "Nature Boy" camping!

walrus

I'm still trying to learn to play electric after I had always been an acoustic guy myself. Sitting by the campfire with the NB, that great little amp and the quiet solitude of the Minnesota wilderness (once the mosquitos go to sleep of course), certainly is electrifying for this old guy.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Seems like a contradiction (to me) to introduce an amp to "the quiet solitude of the Minnesota wilderness."

Different strokes, :smile-new:
Joe

Yes, one must be aware and considerate of the surroundings and adjust the volume knob accordingly, but if there's nothing but woodland creatures within a reasonable distance.."LET 'ER RIP!".....just kidding, Joe...well, kind of.:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

griehund

Reaction score
Yes, one must be aware and considerate of the surroundings and adjust the volume knob accordingly, but if there's nothing but woodland creatures within a reasonable distance.."LET 'ER RIP!".....just kidding, Joe...well, kind of.:friendly_wink:

Reminds me of dirt bikes and shotguns. Rather listen to birds chirping. But that's just me.:sad:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to learn to play electric after I had always been an acoustic guy myself. Sitting by the campfire with the NB, that great little amp and the quiet solitude of the Minnesota wilderness (once the mosquitos go to sleep of course), certainly is electrifying for this old guy.

Were'nt you afraid of waking the mosquitoes up?

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Reminds me of dirt bikes and shotguns. Rather listen to birds chirping. But that's just me.:sad:

Actually the great thing about that little Yamaha THX amp is, it still sounds good at very low volume levels. No louder than an acoustic and maybe even less.
And the choice of music and playing only your best stuff when there maybe people within an earshot is how I approach things, which reminds of the story of what I consider my greatest guitar playing achievement. Involves a young couple in a brand new relationship and taking a trip around Lake Superior, but I'll leave the details for another time.