LTG Weather Report

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I do believe it was Mark Twain who said something to that effect. :eagerness:
Joe
And just to add an ironic counterpoint, San Francisco's the only county in the SF Bay Area NOT experiencing overnite freeze warnings due to the buffering action of being surrounded on 3 sides by water. Overnite lows in the '40's.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Woke up to -27 on Saturday and not to far away, they recorded 38 below zero.
As I was watching the lingering after effects of hurricane Sandy on tv in my nice warm house, I put it all in perspective. A little bit of cold, aint so bad after all!:cold:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
On my field trip yesterday, we started at 18 degrees and it warmed to 22. Lots of ice on the tideflats, and here and there reminders of how cold it's been.

hg79.jpg

mrwn.jpg

Thousands of good birds, on the other hand, so it was a good day! :eagerness:

Joe

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Woke up to -27 on Saturday and not to far away, they recorded 38 below zero.
As I was watching the lingering after effects of hurricane Sandy on tv in my nice warm house, I put it all in perspective. A little bit of cold, aint so bad after all!:cold:
Holy CRAP, Terry!! That's COLD!! And here I was thinking I couldn't go on my bike ride today because it was only 37.

baldF-30

Reaction score
Here in Massachusetts the 8th of December was covered with snow, and so is the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston, and the Berkshires seem dreamlike on account of that frostin'. :smile-new:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You should see me, Joe. Once I get all bundled up, it's really hysterical watching me try to get ON the bike!! I can hardly MOVE!! :cold:

Great photo of the pier, by the way.

Yoko Oh No

Reaction score
36 on the Massachusetts coast this morning...we're expecting an inch or three of snow today. on my phone weather i keep four cities...Scituate MA, Hamilton Bermuda, Sanibel Island FL, and Maui. i ought to put somewhere in minnesota or wisconsin too, just so i can feel good about where i live.

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
14 degrees and windy. All the snow is south and west of us thankfully. Roads are still slick. Imagine what I'd be missing if I moved to Alabama.

Peace

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So Al, let me get this straight. (Well, as straight as I can get...) You want me to try to take a SELFIE while I'm bundled up and trying to mount my bicycle? I'll need someone nearby to call 911..... sheesh!! :eek:nthego:
I didn't say it'd be easy...in fact, that part about "mounting" your bicycle sounds downright hazardous....
Howsabout askin' the roomie to take some footage for youtube, and maybe you could really get some play....
:glee:

Bing k

Reaction score
Our elevation helped us a little this last few days. We were at -30 but just a little to the north of us at a lower elevation it was -42. Add a stiff breeze to that and the chill factor is right out the bottom. We were at +28 yesterday and down to +12 today and caught about 4 inches of snow with some wind kicking it around.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Our elevation helped us a little this last few days. We were at -30 but just a little to the north of us at a lower elevation it was -42. Add a stiff breeze to that and the chill factor is right out the bottom. We were at +28 yesterday and down to +12 today and caught about 4 inches of snow with some wind kicking it around.
I have NO complaints. The fact that I went for a bike ride today (sorry Al, no photos) at all, tells me I've got it pretty good!! Jeeze..... 30 BELOW?? :smilet-digitalpoint