LTG Weather Report

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Groovy (?) weather weekend ahead....3-5' (feet!) of snow in the mountains and "torrential rain and strong winds" in the lowlands. Not altogether unusual for this neck o' the woods! :tranquillity:

Joe

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Is there a dry season there Joe? I've ridden in enough rain in my day but I'm not so sure about a 3K mile trip just to "ride in the rain". I want to visit the NW so bad that I'm going to resign myself to a cage I suppose.

Rain and cold and sleet here right now.

Peace

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Is there a dry season there Joe?
It's usually the first Monday in August.
East of the Cascades though, it can last for a whole week.
Seriously though I bet you'd like the Yakima Valley, wonderfully temperate, and great wine country, which requires dry weather until harvest time in September/October, otherwise the grapes get moldy on the vine.
(I visited there a couple of times many years back)
"wink"

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al is correct, the east side is DRY in the rain shadow of the Cascades. It also gets pretty HOT in the Yakima Valley in the summer so a fall trip would be my recommendation, if you need one that is. :tranquillity:

Joe

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Wind is steady at 25-35 with gusts up to 50, and we're between episodes of heavy rain.
Drove north to middle grandson's basketball game this morning and found the driving easier going north than returning home in the southbound lanes.
Lots of windfall around town and more coming, I'm sure. :tranquillity:

Joe

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Rain and wind this morning, trees down and lots of windfall, so it was no surprise that only one person showed up for my Sunday field trip. They were smart to stay home but the one person who attended got his money's worth! :tranquillity:

Joe