Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: New limited run Guild GSR M-85 II bass

  1. #11
    wow! Can't wait to see one
    65 Jetstar Bass
    90's Starfire Bass II

  2. #12
    Senior Member SFIV1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    6,735
    @Frono: You might remember this picture from April 2012, there was on the left side in the middle a M-85 bass visible.
    But that one looked more like a solid body due to the missing binding on the back.
    Was that one of the models that Guild didn't do because the whitewood body wasn't good enough at that time? Do you remember?



    Ralf

  3. #13
    Super Moderator fronobulax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11,324
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by SFIV1967 View Post
    @Frono: You might remember this picture from April 2012, there was on the left side in the middle a M-85 bass visible.
    But that one looked more like a solid body due to the missing binding on the back.
    Was that one of the models that Guild didn't do because the whitewood body wasn't good enough at that time? Do you remember?



    Ralf
    I seem to recall discussion where a source that appeared knowledgeable claimed that the M85's in the production run suggested by the above picture were not going to be produced because the whitewood wasn't good. So yes, we remember the same thing :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

    '67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '94 B-4E Acoustic/Electric Bass (Black) (Make me an offer)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)

    LMG I, II, III

    This space available.

  4. #14
    Senior Member SFIV1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    6,735
    Quote Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I seem to recall discussion where a source that appeared knowledgeable claimed that the M85's in the production run suggested by the above picture were not going to be produced because the whitewood wasn't good. So yes, we remember the same thing :-)
    O.k., so the GSR M-85 II is obviously something different from that early to mid 2012 trial run.
    Ralf

  5. #15
    Senior Member SFIV1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    6,735
    Here are the first pictures:










    Last edited by SFIV1967; 12-09-2013 at 06:12 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member SFIV1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    6,735
    mellowgerman just posted that auction link in another thread:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/301036136312
    Ralf
    Last edited by SFIV1967; 12-09-2013 at 06:15 PM.

  7. #17
    So is the little toggle switch a phase switch?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saratoga County NY
    Posts
    430
    The listing says: two-way mini-toggle switch on lower bout for low-end roll-off
    1993 JF-55
    1993 DV-62
    1993 DV-72
    1994 F65CE
    1994 G-45 "Hank Williams, Jr."
    2007 F-50K
    2014 DD12MCE

  9. #19
    Super Moderator fronobulax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11,324
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristera View Post
    The listing says: two-way mini-toggle switch on lower bout for low-end roll-off
    Which would be the suck switch on a vintage bass but who knows what it will really do here, including suck?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

    '67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '94 B-4E Acoustic/Electric Bass (Black) (Make me an offer)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)

    LMG I, II, III

    This space available.

  10. #20
    That looks just like mine. Chris Fleming gave it to me about 4 years ago and suggested I not speak of it. But it looks safe now.
    13 Guild basses
    3 Guild guitars
    6 Guild bass amps
    3 Guild guitar amps
    I like Guilds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •