Reverential Member
Reaction score
November 22, 1963.

8hq9.jpg

A sad day.

Joe

charliea

Reaction score
I remember the Bay of Pigs. I remember every young man's high school graduation present: a letter respectfully (but firmly) insisting on his presence for a draft physical. Gotta hand it to the guy, though. He sure owned the press. Then, of course, there was Marilyn.....

Jeff_L

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
For a 20-year-old college senior, it was an absolute shock. It brought the real world in to focus like nothing else had up to that point.

silverfox103

Reaction score
Here was a president who was young, war hero, charismatic, had new ideas, broke barriers, wanted to put a man on the moon in that decade, service to America, the Peace Corps and stood up to Russians which was huge. Gone in an instant. I was 14 then and now 64. I will be glad when the 50th anniversary and news coverage is over. It is very hard to watch any of it and I don't want to. I hate hearing the words fateful day in Dallas, pink dress, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby, Zapruder film, grassy knoll, Parkland hospital, 6th floor, single shot, conspiracy etc. etc. etc.

Tom

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Our church is in a Virgina suburb of DC and "The Rich and Famous" are sometime neighbors of members. In July 1963 Robert Kennedy was asked to speak (by one of his neighbors) at a fundraiser for the Parish Hall building fund and there is a plaque commemorating that. At a children's choir rehearsal this week there was an 8 year old who asked if the Kennedy on the plaque had anything to do with the Kennedy that everyone was talking about on TV. The child did appreciate the sadness of two brothers who were both assassinated and that one had once lived "close by".