Guild M-75 Lockable Straps

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a lockable strap that can SAFELY fit over the front pin on the new Guild M-75. I tried Planet Waves "lockable straps" and they are enormous compared to the space available between the neck and the pin itself!! Anyone offer a suggestion for one that is small enough and strong enough and yet scratch-proof enough to put on a brand new guitar??
I am talking about a lockable strap that will even fit over the front pin! Because the narrow space between the body of the pin and the neck is actually about 1/2", the width of the "planet Waves "lockable Straps" will not allow allow anyone to even get the pin in the hole of the lock without reshaping the neck, or reshaping the plastic lock that will contain the pin!
The fit is fine on the rear pin as the lock is free to be put on in any position ! Just try one on , and you will see my predicament! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Last edited:

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yep, Grolsch beer bottle sealer rings. Which is what a lot of people including myself have used for years, and Fender now apparently markets with their logo on it.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your replies !! ButI'm not asking for a way to lock a strap on! Rather I am asking for a lockable strap that will even fit on the Guild M-75, as the space between the neck and the strap mounting peg is extremely small and something as large as the Planet Waves setup, although it is exaxtly the type of setup I would envision, can not even be squeezed onto the mounting peg!
Is there an alternative, narrower version with a slimmer profile offered by anyone?