Updates

dklsplace

Reaction score
I was able to run the latest security update this morning. Open registrations are now enabled.

Yes, I see some of the previous customizations have been effected, but functions should be the same. We'll get things back soon.

johnbiscuti

Reaction score
I was able to run the latest security update this morning. Open registrations are now enabled.

Yes, I see some of the previous customizations have been effected, but functions should be the same. We'll get things back soon.

Woo-hoo! :D

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Advanced Search doesn't work currently: "
Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261"
Ralf

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Smilies seem to be not working. What's the point of posting! ;(

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Ya know, the host company is ultimately responsible for all the B.S. that happens on websites and forums. The Php packages are usually separate from the host though sometimes a host, such as Hostgator, my provide a download with their hosting package. Not a real pute genius here but Security updates from Php packages aren't necessarily compatible and may conflict with the hosting packages.

I have a website and I don't have a guestbook because I can't control hackers through the guestbook. Inevitably they find a way in. I also have a forum (Php package) but I do not do Phpp security updates; mostly because I don't know what the heck I'm doing and when I have tried to update everything just got messed up. Some things work in IE and some things work in Firefox. If there was a way to completely delete the forum without losing everyone and then plugging in the updated version that seems like it would be the best way to go. But like I said, I'm not IT savvy. So why do I get so p.o.'d if I'm the one at fault? LOL

Peace and good luck with this

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just checking if it is not only me: did we lose now the LTG banner at top of the page and smilies's functionality completely?

All the best,
B.

P.S. BTW, "Reply With Quote" is not working for me either: before, it enabled me to reply on the "Quick Reply" box. Right now, I have to press the button two times, the first time it doesn't work and on the second one, it takes me to the "Advanced Reply" window. Just saying, not complaining. Thank you, as always, Don!

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just checking if it is not only me: did we lose now the LTG banner at top of the page and smilies's functionality completely?

All the best,
B.
In a word, "yes".

P.S. BTW, "Reply With Quote" is not working for me either: before, it enabled me to reply on the "Quick Reply" box. Right now, I have to press the button two times, the first time it doesn't work and on the second one, it takes me to the "Advanced Reply" window. Just saying, not complaining. Thank you, as always, Don!
THAT one sounds like it may be a peculiarity of your browswer/OS when interacting with the site, maybe also complicated by your current geographic location and the internet routing to get to the host.
a "Slightly educated wild-a--ed guess" on my part.
When the site was first "inaugurated" it took a while for the smileys to get enabled, so personally I'm assuming a little patience will be rewarded, at least I definitely hope so.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It looks like Don is busy with other tasks and had no time to continue doing the changes/updates yet, maybe Chazmo or Frono can update us about what they know. It would be nice if the issues could be fixed soon.
Ralf

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
No worries, Charlie. :D

Al,

I don't think your guess is "correct": before the updates, the site was working fine, in the same way it did before I left Chile. I could use smilies, I could use the "Reply With Quote", etc. It's something more recent, like the lost of the banner... Thanks anyways! :D

All the best,
B.

P.S. Now, "Reply With Quote" it's working again...

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Bruno, you can use the link I provided a few replies previous to some smilies that you can copy & paste for now...
icon_mrgreen.gif

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al,

I don't think your guess is "correct": before the updates, the site was working fine, in the same way it did before I left Chile.
Did you mean "AFTER the update"?
More specifically, this last update that was only done a couple of weeks ago? (note the starting date of this thread)
THAT's when we lost the logo and smileys.
Also note that Google's notorious for "updating" its browser (Chrome)without notice which drives a lot of folks nuts, and the host may also be implementing changes, and either or both could explain what looks like erratic behavior of the site on your end, that's why I suggested a peculiarity of your browser and or OS combination.
But I still couldn't tell ya how to fix it, LOL!

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Did you mean "AFTER the update"?
More specifically, this last update that was only done a couple of weeks ago? (note the starting date of this thread)
THAT's when we lost the logo and smileys.

Mmm. No, because before the update, the site was working fine. But you're right: I'm talking about this last security update.

adorshki said:
Also note that Google's notorious for "updating" its browser (Chrome)without notice which drives a lot of folks nuts, and the host may also be implementing changes, and either or both could explain what looks like erratic behavior of the site on your end, that's why I suggested a peculiarity of your browser and or OS combination.
But I still couldn't tell ya how to fix it, LOL!
Hahahahah.

Thanks Al. But don't worry, knowing that some issues are common around LTG, my concern has disappeared.

A hug & All the best,
B.