'50s X-175 at local pawn shop

jte

Reaction score
Yesterday I stopped at both stores of a local pawn shop (that's owned by a guitarist- and a former lesson of mine manages one of the stores). There was a blond X-175 on the wall with the Melita bridge, white Franz PUPs, clear cylindrical knobs with no markings or skirt on them, Kluson machines, trapeze tailpiece, and a New York label. SN I think was 3513. In good condition, it's in better shape than I am and we're about the same age I'd say.

The sad part (well, beside the fact that I can't afford to even think about buying it) is that it was found somewhere in town in the trash...

Also, the main store had not one, but TWO of the pointy '80s Guild X-79 solid bodies- one in a a teal sort of greenish blue, and the the other may have been the purple-to-pink burst. Pretty cool, but the X-175 is tempting, tempting, tempting...

John

jte

Reaction score
Didn't get pix, it was really busy there and I didn't want to interfere with the paying customers. I'm going to try to get back there this week when it's more quite and my former lesson is there so I can do some more research. It's tagged at $2500

BTW, I don't have any connection with 'em other than the owner and the manager are old acquaintences from when I managed a guitar store back when I had hair and weighed less than my driver's license says I do...

John

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Sounds interesting - although I'm not in the market for another one. Would love to see pix, though. Hopefully somebody here is looking for one. Although as they say, "even when you're not looking, you're looking"!