Guild sighting: "The Voice" contestant Brian Pounds

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow. I really hate those shows and all the hoopla and drama and bull$hit that goes along with them, but Brian Pounds is good. I like him, I like the song and that he plays a Guild just cements the whole thing. Thanks for sharing the music, GDawg!! :encouragement:

Guild Dawg

Reaction score
Guild Total
I get tired of the manufactured additional drama of all these talent shows, but my wife and I kind of like "The Voice." I don't like it as much after the initial selection, because that's when it stops being about the music and more about performance and physical appearance. It's really funny to watch the judges turn around at the end of an audition after they all pass on a singer only to see a really good looking (depressed) girl or guy standing there. You can actually see the wheels turning inside their heads: "Man! A little Autotuning and that girl could blow up huge!"

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
The Voice is the only "talent" show I watch. Two reasons: #1 The contestants are initially invited to enter the competition. #2 Losers aren't embarrassed by the judges but given encouragement and advice.

Peace

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've vowed not to watch it after last season's final, when I realized it wasn't really about who is the most talented but, who's the most popular.