AP X-500 Stuart: Dealer review/description...

guildman63

Reaction score
MusicStoreLive has one of these new guitars for sale on Gbase, and their description sounds interesting.

"The sound is about as "toppy" as it gets, but it's never brittle or thin. It has that characteristic snappy high-end that defines a good acoustic archtop, but there's also a warm mid-range and smooth, rich bass to balance out the sound. It's reminiscent of great swing guitar tone - think Bucky Pizzarelli, Frank Vignola and Howard Alden. Over time, it's going to get warmer and fuller. The neck is extremely comfortable and won't get in your way when you're reaching for complex chords or picking out fast single note lines. It's perfectly suited for small combo or solo jazz playing, but it'll also thrive in a blues context. Amplifying this guitar won't totally change its tone, either - it's the same thing, just louder. Every cut on this guitar is perfect and it radiates precision and dedication."

Sounds good, and is making me very impatient!

mbuc

Reaction score
Sounds good indeed. When will you get yours?

There is one on ebay now with a few new pictures. It sure is beautiful!

guildman63

Reaction score
I ordered it in February to have it ready for my birthday this month, so I hope to have it within the next two weeks.

mbuc

Reaction score
Nice! I guess you're having sleepless nights already. I hope it will arrive in time for your birthday.

guildman63

Reaction score
Not quite sleepless nights, but all of my screensavers for my computers and phone are the new X-500. :hopelessness:

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
anticipation1_zps9a5dcb49.jpg