'55 X-50 and binding project '57 CE-100

zizala

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
'55 X-50 and '57 CE-100 binding project

Hi all....

I sold this 1955 X-50 (#2833) last year and missed it so much that I talked the buyer into selling it back to me. It looked so good next to the CE-100 so I snapped this photo......

The '57 CE-100 (#5467) has been sitting in storage for several years disassembled and waiting for binding repair and replacement.
Since my luthier/repair/restoration guy has some bigger fish to fry for me and quite the backlog, I elected to take it back home.

At first I thought I'd sell it as a project for someone but since putting it back together I've got the bug again to see it through.
I'm taken with that lighter "ice tea" sort of sunburst and the pickup sounds fantastic.
Would love to find someone that doesn't flinch at the prospect of binding work. Would be so nice to get it back amongst the living. Anyone here have a recommendation for good quality binding replacement or repair?

ziz

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice move Z!... and sweet pair.
+1on Fixit, if you can't get it done locally. but I don't know if you want to add the shipping cost both ways just for binding work.....

guildman63

Reaction score
Ziz,

I'm sure Fixit would do a great job. Someone a little more local would be Steve Morrill, who is based in Boston and is a popular choice for vintage repairs. I paid his shop a visit yesterday, and while he is very busy, his turnaround time is typically very good, and he does great work.

http://stevemorrillguitarrepair.com/